Douze

"You got that hometown smile, you got that look in your eyes, that says "Oh, everything will one day be alright"

-Hometown Smile; Bahjat

Mika POV

The following morning I was woken by the delicious aroma of food. Sniffing the air a bit longer, I tried to tell who was cooking. I didn't smell like meat or rice so Yuki and Ryoko were not cooking. There wasn't any smoke so neither was Shun. The other three would be awake since they were up partying last night. 

So that left Soma, Fumio, Isshiki-senpai, Megumi, and Joichiro-san. Megumi would be dead tired from the camp so she's also out. 

Mid-thought another smell entered my senses causing me to groan in delight and hunger. Laying still for a while, I lay frozen as my brain and heart (stomach) fought. My brain being logical and telling me to rest while I still can while my heart (stomach) is telling me to go down and who's cooking (and ask for a plate as well). 

After a convincing argument by my heart (which was my stomach growling), I stood up and slipped on my trusty monster slippers before heading downstairs. 

Upon reaching the kitchen, the smell grew faint, which was odd. Walking in I saw Fumio, Megumi, and Isshiki-senpai sitting at the kitchen bar watching the red-haired father-son duo scrubbing something down in notebooks. But what caught my eye were the six empty plates/bowls in front of them. 

Glancing at the stove I found it-empty, no food left on the stovetop or counter. 

"Ah, Mika you're up!" Blinking, I slowly turned to Isshiki-senpai, who was now laughing at my expression. 

Blinking twice more, I spoke my thoughts, "Um, did someone make breakfast?" 

This time it was Fumio who spoke, "Not quite, Joichiro and Soma had a food battle. We were the judges, I would say the winner but I guess it's fairly obvious."

"I see, are there any leftovers?" It's pathetic, I can even hear the desperate edge in my voice. 

Feeling an arm wrap itself around my shoulder, I was fooled into a comforting side hug, "Sorry, there's no more left. There was only enough for about three with a bit of leftover, which Dad and I used to taste." Usually, I didn't mind Soma's happy go lucky voice but this time it annoyed me for some reason. 

"B-but what about m-"

"You're training to become a chef, make your breakfast." Fumio's harsh words cut me off as they were followed by the loud shattering of my heart. 

I wanted to cry but instead, I sucked it up and shoved Soma away lightly. Walking over to the fridge before looking inside to see what I can make. Mumbling to myself I pulled out the eggs, sour cream, and the jar of butter. 

Placing it on the counter, I grabbed a pan and placed it on the stove before lazily walking over to the cabinet to grab the salt and pepper along with the caviar I had hidden in the very back. 

In a bowl, I cracked open the eggs and added in the salt and pepper before whisking until it was through my mixed. In another bowl, I added half the container of sour cream before mixing in some caviar, furrowing my eyebrows, I grunted as noticed I forgot the chives.