Cinq

"Tell me why you mad, tell me why you're hurt. Bet you didn't think that the tables would turn."

-Fairplay; Kiana Ledé

Mikala POV

The next day, I walked into the clubroom, a now warm pot of Tom Kha Gai carried in my hands. Walking over to the stove that was in the room, I greeted the others before placing the soup on the stove. I decided to make my papy's favorite meal, a much calmer version of Tom Yum Goong.

He loved this dish so much, he would make it for the family every Friday before he passed away.

Père wanted to keep the tradition so he made it every Friday after papy passed away, yet even though it was the same recipe it never seemed to taste the same.

The sound of loud claps bought me out of my thoughts, "Okay, let's begin!" Himiya said, and excited look on her face, "Let's go from oldest to youngest." After saying this, the hyperactive brunette practically ran over to her dish. I think she decided on this order because she wanted to go first, not that I minded. That just meant I was last.

Handing us each a spoon, she opened her lid revealing a very colorful dish. "This is poke, it is famous in Hawaii, my grandma would often make this every Saturday after my pops came back from his job as a fisherman. Usually, he would snab some extra seafood for us. He would always get in trouble though." The blue-eyed girl let out a giggle before gesturing to the pot. Scooping some up, I placed the spoon in my mouth. The dish was cold and...raw? It was like sushi yet without rice and it was unwrapped. The raw flavor reminded me of the ocean.

The next dish was Kou-senpai's dish, she had made Canadian pizza. The slice was huge, not to mention the pizza, everything about the dish was great. Kou had decided to make a vegan pizza, apparently, her father was vegetarian while the rest of her family weren't, so every Thursday they all would have vegetarian pizza. Since it was pizza her siblings wouldn't complain.

After Kou-senpai was the twins, Jin went up first since she was the oldest. She made bunny chow while Rin made Muamba chicken. Both were absolutely delicious. Their cooking styles were complete opposites for twins though. Rin's dish made your insides warm and calm while Jin's was more spicy and powerful, yet not so much overpowering that it became too much to eat.

The first years went by birthday since we all were the same age. Jamie was first, due to his birthday being in March. He made sweet and sour pork, the reason why was because, "It's a common Chinese meal in America, and my father found it amusing to order from Chinese restaurants ran by non-Chinese people." His chicken was divine, the sauce was made to perfection, the chicken crispy not soggy from the sauce. My eyes squinted in confusion after my second bite, the chicken while obviously fried tasted..strange? Voicing my thoughts, Jamie flashed me a smile before answering, "Instead of flour I used oats, mainly because we ran out of flour in our dorms." As he said this he glared at Kimberly who just rolled her eyes before opening the container with her dish.

"Tacos?" Himiya-senpai said, her voice full of obvious disappointment. "Why tacos, surely Brazil has more exotic dishes."

"I was going to make something else, but then I heard that idiot say that the only taco he's ever wanted was from taco bell." Kim scoffed while pointing at Rin. "And that insulted me, taco bell doesn't even serve tacos, they sell fake tacos. Now, I made enough for everyone, especially you, Rin-senpai." I had already known this, my old nanny, Ms.Rita, had made me plenty of tacos when I was younger.

Taking a bit of Kim's taco, I was hit by a wave of nostalgia. I remembered those Tuesday's with Ms.Rita, how Yejoon and I would watch or help her make her tacos. Yejoon would always steal some pieces of chicken and eat them when Ms.Rita wasn't looking, think back I'm sure she knew yet she would always play confused when she noticed a few pieces missing. I remember her last day working for us, she had made tons of food, I was ten and Yejoon was twelve. Ms.Rita had gone back to her home country to look after her bedridden mother. We still see her sometimes when Mere would take us to Mexico while she checked up on her Mexican restaurant. Luckily, Ms.Rita's hometown was only a few miles east of where the restaurant was located.