0.1 | adoption

sunday evening: adoption center

jimin walked through the hallways of the center, glancing at the hybrids in the pens and rooms while taking his time to examine each one. he stopped at a wing that was labeled 'troubled', narrowing his eyes as he observed the ones inside.

they were all separated, laying in their individual rooms in either their animal or human form. he looked through the glass door of the last one, feeling intrigued when he saw a wolf with a grey and white pelt, laying on its bed peacefully with its tail tucked by its side. 

the lady walking with him stared at him in surprise when he stopped, "mr. park, you don't want any of these ones, trust me."

"why not?" he asked, his voice soft as he watched the wolf.

"these are the ones that are rescued from homes that abused them or are from the streets, which means they have behavioural issues and or are aggressive."

"what about this one?" he turned his attention to the lady.

"she is an incredibly rare hybrid, which meant she was most likely abused a lot. she also has trust issues, she has been staying here for about two months but we haven't seen her human form or even heard her speak. we have very little information about her, all we know is that her name is y/n and that she is a mixed hybrid."

"mixed hybrid? what is that?"

"it means that she isn't just one type of hybrid. she is human, wolf, and panther. she has a human form, wolf form, and panther form. she is mostly in her wolf form and will shift into a panther when threatened," she explained.

the corner of his lips were perked up in interest, and he nodded, "alright, i'll adopt her."

the lady flashed him a look of surprise yet again, but she gestured for him to follow her. she walked to the reception desk and passed him a form, gathering a bag full of clothes and items and handing it to him when he filled the paper out.

they went back to the room, and she pulled her access card out, unlocking the door and opening it. the wolf was already up, having heard them a few minutes before. 

"come on, you're going with him." 

jimin stopped her, "don't phrase it like that, it sounds like i just paid for her to spend a night with me," he lectured as he kneeled down to the wolf's height and held his hand out for her, " hi y/n, i'm jimin. i adopted you a few minutes ago, would you like to come with me? i have a nice house for you to stay in, and i promise i won't hurt you."

she approached him warily, sniffing his hand as she familiarised herself with his scent, sitting in front of him as a response. he grinned, moving closer to stroke her head. her tail swept along the floor, clearly enjoying it.

he stood back up and let her walk beside him as they traveled to his car. he tossed her bag of clothes into the back, getting her to curl up on the seat at the front. he glanced at her every few minutes, smiling when he saw her looking out the window with fascination. 

her eyes scanned every building and path, watching people walk among them. her ears twitched, not use to hearing so many sounds at once. she zoned everything out, flattening her ears.

he noticed and pulled one hand off the steering wheel, sliding it over her head in an attempt to calm her, "too many sounds? just try to focus on something close, like the engine, or my breathing," he suggested, keeping his eyes on the road. 

she obeyed, changing her attention to his breathing. 

as soon as her ears stopped aching, she slid down in her seat, rested her head on her paws and curling her tail over her snout. he chuckled and turned away from her, driving into the parking area for the residents that lived in the apartment. carefully arranging his car into his spot, he unbuckled himself and the hybrid, taking the lift up to his floor.

she followed him obediently, getting out of the lift as soon as the door opened and sprinting down the hallway. using her nose, she stopped at the apartment that had his scent, waiting patiently while he unlocked the door.

she peeked in, observing her surroundings as she sat by the entrance, watching him leave her bag in a room. he came back out, leaving all the doors open as he picked his phone up when it started ringing, he looked at her, "feel free to explore, i have to take this call."

after he said that, he left to what she assumed was an office. she padded around, studying each and every room carefully before making her way to hers. 

it was nicely decorated, white walls and ceiling with honey-coloured wooden tiles and a few windows scattering the sides. in the middle of the room, was a queen-sized bed with maroon duvets and pillows, one white cushion in the middle of the two pillows. there was a desk to the side, towards the windows with books lined up neatly against the wall. beside it was a built in wardrobe and vanity that had a hairbrush and toiletries set up. 

it was obvious he had planned this out before adopting, and agreed with getting a female hybrid.

she glanced at the bathroom, which was located on the opposite side of the room, near the door, and peeked in. it has marble tiles with white walls and decorations, that included a sink, bathtub, shower, and cabinet. all of them were coloured lightly, and the front of the cabinet was replaced with a full length mirror. 

she went back out, settling on the balcony, which was comfortably lined with fake grass as the floor. a swing was placed in the corner, a bench on the opposite side of it. she rested on the bench, watching as the rest of seoul fell asleep while the moon climbed up the sky. after awhile, she heard a door opening and footsteps around the apartment.

she raised her head just in time to see jimin peek his head out, his eyes landing on her.

he flashed her a soft smile and sat down next to her, his hand gliding over her fur gently. she moved and rested her head on his lap, turning so she was facing the city. they stayed in that position for awhile before he started to get up, "let's get some sleep, you must be tired after today."

he led her to her room, watching as she curled up on the bed. he smiled.

"goodnight, kitten."