1.0 | back to work

~ two weeks later ~
monday morning: the office

jimin was bombarded with documents and files as soon as he stepped into the office, but he ignored it, walking with y/n to their now shared area.

neither of them had been in for the past two weeks, him busy taking care of her while she healed, and now that her shoulder was fully functional, they went back to work. during that time, namjoon managed to organise everything so there was now two separate desks in the space, which meant she got her own area that she could fill.

y/n, being the amazing assistant she was, collected all the documents that were being thrown their way and organised it due to the urgency.

"welcome back, boss," jungkook smirked, placing a file on the table.

"i am not your boss," he chuckled, "i'm your manager."

"i report to you, don't i? that makes you my boss."

rolling his eyes, jimin gestured for him to go away, returning his attention to the papers as he signed each of them, slapping it down on the desk in another pile so y/n could take it away. once done with that, she grabbed a cup of coffee and a glass of water for him, walking towards his desk carefully.

unfortunately, harin had spotted her and deliberately bumped into her, causing the coffee and water to spill over her hands. she paused in her steps, gritting her teeth as the hot liquid seared her skin. she slowly turned to the older women, her eyes flashing with irritation.

"sorry," she smiled innocently, her eyes deceiving her facade by gleaming with amusement.

she forced herself to calm down, and the hybrid returned to smile, "it's fine."

harin narrowed her eyes, not expecting her to reply like that, "you're not angry?" she asked in disbelief.

"why would i?" she glared, "it was an accident, wasn't it?"

taking a breath, she nodded, "yes, it was." she hurried off, her long brown hair flowing behind her. harin glanced back after walking for awhile, anger coursing through her as she realised that taehyung was now by y/n's side, helping her clean up.

"damn it," she muttered, "why don't they see her for what she is?"

the hybrid's ear perked as she caught the words, a smirk finding its way onto her face, "she really doesn't like me," she chuckled to tae.

he glanced at her, "of course she doesn't, you single-handedly whisked jiminie hyung out from her hands like it was nothing, she hates you."

"she might've had a chance, she just came on a little too strong."

"anyways," tae switched the topic of the conversation, a smirk she grew to know all too well over the past few weeks appearing on his face, she inwardly groaned, knowing where this conversation was heading, "what's up with you and hyung?"

"what do you mean?" she asked anyways, heading back to the kitchen and brewing another pot of coffee. 

"don't play dumb with me, jin hyung told me about you and him," he replied, "so, you like jiminie hyung?"

she shrugged, "i don't know. as i said before, it's confusing. i don't know how to feel or if i should ever like, feel, you understand?"

"not at all, but i do understand that you should feel happy. do you know why?"

she sighed, "why?"

"because he likes you. no, scratch that, he loves you."

letting out a groan, she poured in the cream and sugar, mixing it carefully, "i have been hearing the same thing for the past two weeks, it isn't something new, tae oppa. try to convince me all you want, but i will not believe you. i only will when i hear it coming out from his mouth."

"the mouth that you so want to kiss?" he teased, nudging her lightly. she glared at him.

"do you not realise that i have a cup of hot coffee in my hands that i could so easily shove towards you?" she growled. he chuckled and ruffled her hair, walking in the opposite direction as she headed back to her desk.

she set the cup down, flashing jimin a small smile.

"sorry oppa, ran into some difficulties on the way."

he grinned, "calling harin a difficulty?"

she nodded immediately, causing him to laugh. 

"are your hands okay? i heard that you spilled hot coffee over them," he mumbled, turning his seat to her.

"i'm fine, it wasn't too hot," she said, flicking her ears dismissively.

"really? let me check," he rolled his chair to her, gesturing for her hand. she hesitated for a few moments before holding it out. 

if you took a quick glance, you could barely see anything wrong. it just looked a little red. but of course, jimin being he observant person he is, picked up on a few details immediately. he trailed his finger softly over the scald, pursing his lips.

"doesn't look too bad," he murmured, "just a little swollen, and red."

"i told you," she said, gently taking her hand back into her grasp.

"doesn't change the fact that you got hurt."

"it's nothing huge, jiminie, it barely affects me." she argued, despite her hand throbbing from the warmth. she wasn't lying, she was not hurt in any life-threatening way, but it was uncomfortable. the rawness of her skin against the air made her wince in discomfort, but it wasn't anything she couldn't handle.

he flashed her a look of concern, reaching to her ears, "i can get harin fired. she's been acting inappropriately in the office for a long period of time now."

"no," she interrupted, "don't fire her. just give her another chance, she's a good worker, despite her being so provocative."

"if you say so," he sighed, scratching a little harder just to hear her purrs clearer. then he smiled fondly, "this is what i like about you, you're so kind."

she blushed, "what makes you say that?"

"you didn't exactly push me away, did you? you gave me a chance, and my friends a chance. you could have bitten hoseok's arm off for pointing a gun at you, but you didn't. and you even forgave him. and now, you're saying we should give harin a second chance even though she doesn't deserve it," he messed her hair up affectionately, "this is why you are the definition of an angel, min y/n."