0.2 | toast and eggs with coffee

monday morning: jimin's house

he walked out from his room towards the kitchen, fixing the cuff of his button up and smoothing his tie out. he grabbed a coffee cup and turned around, raising his eyebrows in surprise when he saw a plate with a piece of toast and scrambled eggs on top, a cup of coffee beside it. he placed his cup back in the cabinet, walking to it and hovering his hand over the food.

it was still warm.

he sat down, a small smile making its way to his way as he glanced at the coffee, noticing a packet of sugar and a small cup of cream beside it. he tossed both of them in, stirring the cup before taking a sip.

damn, the girl knows how to make coffee.

he then dug into his food, his eyes widening when the flavour hits his tongue.

the girl knows how to cook too.

he finished up, setting his dishes in the dishwasher before looking for her. he found her out on the balcony again, this time laying on the grass while observing the city below her. he chuckled, gaining her attention. 

"you sure like being outside, don't you?" she looked at him as he kneeled down beside her, stroking her back, "i have to go to work today, i don't suppose you want to come?"

she shook her head.

"alright then, i'll be home around six or seven. you can do whatever you want, and by the way, the breakfast was amazing, you make good coffee. thanks for the food," he grinned as he got up to leave.

he went back downstairs to the car, driving through the roads to his workplace. he stopped in front of a tall building, parking in his spot in the basement and making his way up to one of the highest floors. he exited the lift, almost immediately being greeted with a worker.

"mr. park, i need you to sign this document, " she said, handing him a pen. he signed at the bottom underneath his title quickly, continuing on his way to his desk, "also, there is a meeting in ten minutes about the week." she reminded, following him despite the attempts of him trying to get away from her.

"yes, thank you, ms. yang," he replied, putting his laptop bag down while looking for his documents for the meeting.

"mr. park, i've told you to call me harin," she giggled.

"well i'm afraid, ms. yang, that i can't because we are in an office, and i do not want to be unprofessional. besides, i only call my friends by their first name."

her mouth gaped open in disbelief, she stomped away.

"ouch," a voice made him turn around, "can't believe that she would be having a good morning."

jimin sighed, "not my fault. i've told her many times that i am not interested but she doesn't listen."

the man with black hair sat at the desk next to him, letting out a laugh, "well you should stop being so freaking hot and cute, i mean, i can get why she likes you."

he narrowed his eyes and looked at his co-worker, "sometimes i wonder if you're straight or gay."

"same here."

"maybe i should just ask tae, he would know right? he's your hybrid after all," he wondered.

"i don't think he would know either, but go ahead, he's just picking up some pens for me from the store."

"you should really stop raiding the office supplies," jimin chided.

"hey, i'm the head of marketing, i need them," he protested.

"no you don't, most of your job is digital."

he rolled his eyes, "whatever."

as he said that, a dog hybrid with red hair bounced in, a huge smile on his face as he dumped the handful of pens on his owner's desk, "here you go kookie."

"hey tae," jimin pushed the younger man away with his hand as he was about to thank him, "is jungkook straight or gay?"

the red-head glanced at him before changing his gaze to the other, tilting his head, "i don't know." letting out a sigh of defeat, he turned back to finding his documents, piling them on his desk before arranging them. suddenly, tae straightened up and looked at him, narrowing his eyes as he sniffed the air, "jimin hyung, did you get a hybrid?"

the other two perked up at those words, and the youngest switched his attention to his hyung, "did you?"

he smiled and nodded, "i did, i got a hybrid."

"cool, you can invite them over for a playdate with taetae."

he shook his head, "i'm not sure if she would like that, she's really private, i barely know anything about her. all i know is her name, that she is really rare in terms of what type of hybrid she is, and that she is a good cook."

"ooh, she? is hyung looking for a girlfriend?" the younger teased.

flashing him a glare, he responded, "no, i am not. now shut up."

rolling his eyes, they gathered their documents and headed to the meeting, seating beside each other with tae sitting behind by the other personal assistants. a man with purple tinted hair and dimples walked into the room, flashing everyone a smile, "good morning executives, let's get to work."

~~~

jimin trudged into the house, setting his shoes neatly by the side before slumping down on the couch while loosening his tie. he closed his eyes, taking off his glasses and leaning back. he was so tired that he barely realised when the hybrid had entered the room, only noticing when she nudged his arm up and crawled underneath, resting her head on his lap.

he smiled softly and begun moving his hand along her pelt, letting out a sigh. 

opening his eyes, he glanced around, straightening up in surprise, "wow, did you clean the house? everything is so clean," he commented, standing up and wandering around to see a plate of food on the table for him, "did you make food again?" 

she nodded.

"you are seriously amazing, i couldn't have asked for a better companion," he then looked at her, "by the way, i have a present for you, follow me."

she gazed at him warily at the sound of 'present', tracing his footsteps and sitting opposite him when she saw him sat by the door, next to his laptop bag and another small packet. he ripped open the packet and showed her a baby blue collar, a heart pendant with her name hanging in the middle of it. he set it down in front of her, flipping the pendant over.

on the other side of it, was his name and contact number in case she got lost 

"i wanted to put your initials, but i didn't know your surname, so i just settled for your first name," he explained, resting his head on his hand that was propped up on his leg and covering half of his face with it, a way to signal that he was feeling a little shy, "do you like it?"

she nodded, a somewhat happy expression on her face as she allowed him to slip it around her neck. he clipped it on loosely, letting it hang around her neck. he grinned, reaching to pet her ears.

now, everybody would know who she belonged to.