0.4 | knj secretarial services

tuesday morning: the office

"why is there a crowd around executive park's desk?" a deep voice questioned, causing everyone to scatter away to their own stations. jungkook and tae turned around, waving at their boss.

"namjoon hyung, look, jiminie hyung brought in a hybrid." jungkook told him.

despite being the boss and also being at the office, namjoon couldn't help but raise his eyebrows excitedly, "really?" he went over to his desk, a cat hybrid following in his steps, curious to see the newcomer.

they stared at her for a few seconds, causing her to wiggle closer to jimin, feeling uncomfortable. noticing this, he stood up and begun shooing them away, "aish, you're making her uncomfortable."

"what hybrid is she?" seokjin asked, narrowing his eyes.

"she's a mixed, isn't that awesome? a wolf and a panther," tae informed.

"what's your name?" namjoon took another glance at her.

"y/n," she answered.

they squealed over her voice, "oh my god! her voice!"

"yah!" jimin yelled, pushing them away, "we're at work, do this at lunch,"

the boss adjusted his tie and cleared his throat, "jimi- i mean executive park is right, let's, uh, get to work and discuss this later."

they left the two alone, namjoon and seokjin going to their office while jungkook and tae retreated to their desks, which were situated next to his. y/n watched him open his laptop again and start working, staring at the screen then looking at the documents piled in front of him. he started to play with his pen, twirling it around in his hand while trying to organise the papers.

she didn't really know how to help, so she just moved and opened the drawer next to her, beginning to organise everything into alphabetical order and storing everything neatly. she labeled each drawer and space, then moving onto his desk space.

she tidied the stationery, setting up a file organiser for him before wandering around the office to get him a glass of water. she took the coffee cup from him, replacing it with the water, "drink the water, it's gonna help you think better."

he nodded, stroking her ears appreciatively as he returned to his work. she let out a small purr, smiling as she cleaned the cup and dried it. while walking back, seokjin stopped her, "ah, y/n, can you get this to jimin? tell him to sign it then get it back to namjoon."

she grabbed the papers from him as he twitched his ear in thanks before turning away, continuing on his way to deliver the documents. she walked back to his desk, placing it in front of him, "seokjin said that you have to sign this," she told him.

he signed under his title and she took the paper, setting the empty coffee cup aside before returning it to the boss. she knocked on his door.

"come in."

she handed the paper to him, "the papers you needed executive park to sign, sir,"

he glanced up in surprise and took it from her, giving her a smile, "you're so polite," he complimented before nodding his thanks. she went back to her seat, sitting down at the desk and propping her elbow up on the table, resting her head on her hand. she observed him work quietly, trying to understand the concept of his job. 

after a few minutes, a woman walked up to his desk, causing y/n to look at her with a curious expression. 

compared to all the other women she had seen working, the woman in front of her didn't seem very professional, her clothes didn't look appropriate at all and she had a very flirty aura around her. screwing up her nose in distaste, she watched as the woman tapped the desk, trying to gain the executive's attention.

the hybrid noticed that next to them, jungkook and tae had stopped working and were now discreetly staring. she also noticed that jimin's jaw clenched when he heard the tap, but he quickly relaxed as he looked up slowly, leaning back in his chair when he realised how close she was to him.

"ms. yang," he muttered through gritted teeth, "how can i help you today?"

"i was wondering if you'd like to have lunch with me today, mr. park." she asked sweetly.

"no thanks," he replied immediately, returning to his work.

"are you having it with someone already?" 

he looked back up and exhaled deeply, "yes," he said calmly.

"why don't you just cancel, you never have lunch with me."

"i can't, because i am showing my hybrid around, she's new and i don't trust her with jungkook or tae."

hurt gasps came from mentioned men, and she glanced at him to see him holding a hand over his chest, as if offended.

the woman rolled her eyes, "is your pet seriously more important than me? an animal with extra limbs?"

y/n bristled at that sentence, her tail whipping behind her violently while her ears flattened against her head. he immediately ran his hand through her hair, scratching the base of her ears to calm her as he glared at harin, "ms. yang, i do not know how you haven't noticed but she is definitely more important than you. and do you know why? because you are nothing, to me and my friends, you are nothing but a worker who flirts during work time. and that is not to mention incredibly uncomfortable for your victims but also completely inappropriate for work. i seriously do not know why mr. kim hasn't fired you yet. maybe i'll bring it up this little situation, see what he says about it."

"you wouldn't and you can't," she hissed.

"i'm the head of your division, i am your executive and your manager. what makes you think i can't get you fired? you may be a senior, but that is nothing compared to me or y/n. so, i recommend you go back to your desk and do your job. then maybe, i won't fire you."

she stared at him incredulously before glaring at his hybrid, stalking away with her head held high even though she almost lost her job.

jimin let out a sigh, turning to y/n and giving her a smile, continuing to pet her head, "hey kitten, sorry for ignoring you this whole morning."

"you have work, it's fine," she replied understandingly, letting out a soft purr, "i don't like that lady."

he chuckled, "nobody does."