0.8 | police officer

saturday night: the streets

"what?" jungkook stared at taehyung incredulously, "hyung, are you sure?"

"i smell blood too," jin confirmed, "and it isn't that type of blood, it's actual blood." both of the hybrids sniffed the air again, stiffening as they exchanged glances, "that's.."

"jimin!" they shouted, bursting from their positions as they bounded down the street, taking a shortcut through the alleyways. namjoon and jungkook followed close behind them, their mind filled with worry for their friend. namjoon slowed to a jog after awhile, pulling his phone out and calling the police, or rather, an off-duty one, since he knew how much his manager disliked police.

of course, the uniform he was calling now was one of their close friends, and although he didn't change jimin's perspective of them, it certainly helped for him to understand them. and they all had to admit, having an officer as a friend was helpful.

the man arrived in no time, walking behind the hybrids with his firearm in case there were any attackers. the cat and dog have slowed, now acting wary as they realised who was hurt.

soon enough, they turned the corner to see jimin and y/n snuggled together in the dark, his hand buried in her hair as he tried to calm her down. hers was pressed against her shoulder, her head resting against his chest. her eyes were closed, but it soon opened when she distinguished new scents.

streaks of yellow flashed through her ice blue eyes as she took her panther form, her black fur shining under the moon as the light made sure to show her lean muscles rippling under her coat. she snarled, sliding out from his embrace and padding towards them in a threatening way.

her shoulder was barely affecting her from the looks of it. but no one could ignore how she was putting her weight on her other foot more, and how her fur near the wound was drenched in blood. the dark red liquid dripped down, splattering onto the pavement with every step she took.

they all backed off, apart from the officer, who was still holding the firearm.

"hoseok," jimin called, "put the gun down, you're scaring her."

"she doesn't look too scared to me," he answered, narrowing his eyes as the hybrid stopped when she heard her owner's voice.

"put the gun down," he ordered, getting up and walking to him slowly. the officer obeyed almost immediately after hearing the tone of his voice. jimin knelt down next to y/n, sliding his hand over her fur gently, "they're my friends, they won't hurt you."

glancing at him, she relaxed, turning back into a human as she slumped back into his arms. she clutched her shoulder protectively, closing her eyes as she rubbed the tip of her nose against the base of his neck, slipping in and out of consciousness.

he looked to jin, "can you? please? i know she isn't gonna die if you don't treat her, but i don't want her to try and fix her shoulder by herself."

the cat nodded immediately, earning a smile from the younger. he turned to her, wrapping his arms around her and lifting her carefully.

"kitten, can you hear me?" he nudged her cheek softly, she hummed, "seokjin hyung is going to fix your shoulder, alright? it's gonna hurt a little, but it will help you, are you okay with that?"

she nodded. he carried her back to his house, gesturing for the rest to follow him.

as soon as they stepped into the apartment, he tried to pass her to taehyung while he got the bed ready for her. but as soon as she felt herself in an unfamiliar embrace, she starting whining, lifting her head up to look around. tae was quick to calm her down, rubbing her back comfortingly. 

jungkook grinned at his hybrid, holding his arms out, "i wanna carry her," he said.

"can we all just take turns carrying her?" namjoon asked, "she's honestly so cute."

"i don't really want a turn, she tried to bite my arm off," hoseok mumbled.

"you were pointing a gun at her, what other reaction could she have?" the boss retorted.

tae gently passed her to jungkook, all of them observing intently as she just mumbled something inaudible and slipped back into sleep. everyone apart from hoseok crowded around the youngest, trying to get their turn. the officer had to admit though, she was adorable.

jimin walked back out to the living room, and sniffing out his scent, y/n glanced around, spotting him from across the room. she held her arm out for him, wincing in pain as she moved a little. he hurried over, taking her back and carrying her to her bed he prepared while leaving a pouting namjoon behind.

he had laid multiple layers of sheets on top of the bed after stripping it of its previous duvet and pillows, making sure it was comfortable enough and that there won't be any possible leaks that would involve it getting stained with blood.

he carefully placed her on the bed, looking to jin as he awaited for his instructions. the cat hybrid strolled in, an apron placed over his clothes as he pulled on some operating gloves. jimin rolled his eyes at his extra effort.

"okay, doctor jin is here," he announced, rolling his sleeves up

"do you really need to wear that apron?" 

"i don't want any stains, namjoon got this shirt for me and i don't want to ruin it," he said, passing her a pair of scissors, "cut her shirt open," he ordered.

the younger man's cheeks turned bright red at those words, "what?"

"cut open her shirt," he repeated, "how do you expect me to work on a wound that is under her shirt? cut it open, it's for easy access."

blushing furiously, he obeyed, carefully tearing the fabric apart and setting it in a bag. he tried to not look at her, but jin made sure he had to glance at least once.

"okay, now clean the wound," he passed him a cloth that had antiseptic coating it. letting out a breath, jimin looked at the injury, gently holding the unharmed part and dabbing the cloth on it while trying his best to not stare at her upper body that was barely clothed. she let out a quiet hiss, her tail twirling around his leg. he paused in surprise, gazing at her expression and softening when he saw the pain that was evident on her face.

"i'm sorry kitten, but we don't want any infections," he murmured softly, returning to the cloth in his hand. 

once cleaned, the wound didn't seem that intimidating, and he could already see the edges starting to heal. he drained the cloth, grimacing when he saw the tinted red water. jin then moved him aside, inspecting it carefully.

"wow, her immune system really is good, she's healing nicely," he informed, "she will just need some bandages around her shoulder. make sure she doesn't use that arm too much and if she needs painkillers, only give her like half or something."

"half? why?"

"she needs to experience a little bit of pain, that way we know whether or not she is getting better. usually, hybrids will have a pain in that area whenever we are healing, and when it turns really sharp, then we know that she's almost completely healed. so when she says it really hurts, just check the wound again. you'll need to change the bandage every three days or whenever it gets dirty. and i do suggest you get about two weeks off from work to keep an eye on her."

he nodded, "alright, thanks hyung."

jimin then glanced at her, sitting next to her on the bed as he intertwined their hands together. her eyes fluttered open and she gave him a weak smile, "hi kitten," he murmured, "how are you feeling?"

"not too bad," she replied, blinking slowly as her eyes adjusted to the light. 

"do you feel anything here?" he tapped her shoulder gently.

"it hurts, but only a little."

he grinned, "that means you're healing, good job kitten." he ran his thumb across her knuckles, "get some rest, okay?" she nodded obediently as he smiled again, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. "goodnight y/n, i love you."  

 she purred without any hesitation.

"i love you too oppa."