1.5 | gala

friday night: jimin's house

y/n sat in front of her vanity that was placed in her room as yoongi helped with her hair. it felt nostalgic as he brushed his hands through her hair, wrapping her hair around a heated iron to help accentuate her curls even further and letting it cascade down her shoulder.

she always loved when she spent time with him like this. he learnt to style her hair when she started to go to kindergarten and eventually high school whenever their parents weren't around to do so. he always did her hair while she applied her makeup, their teamwork never failing to make their parents smile.

it wasn't as if they refused to do it, they were just busy with all the jobs they had to do in order to let their children attend school, hence meaning that yoongi and y/n mainly depended on each other. then, as they attended high school and such, they grew more independent, but nonetheless, it didn't stop them from having fun.

but even though having spent all that time away from his sister, he still hadn't forgotten what style she looked best it, which was merely down with curls and parted to the side.

she smiled and applied some dark red-coloured liquid lipstick to her lips, standing up and watching as her dress flowed down around her, finishing off her look.

namjoon, seokjin, taehyung, and jungkook made it their mission to make her look as amazing as she could, so they picked out her shoes, dress, and accessories with the only thing she requested being 'make it simple'. and surprisingly, they didn't do too bad.

they bought an off-the-shoulder burgundy dress that was at knee-length in the front but grew longer towards the back, it had a thick gold-coloured belt around her waist which was adorned with a few vertical lines of diamonds at one side.

for shoes, she was given black heels with gold straps that wrapped around her ankles, and for accessories, she guessed that they had run out of money and bought her a gold jewelry set you could get from the store for five bucks. but it still tied the look together, so she praised them on a job well done.

she walked out to the living room where everyone was currently waiting.

the men were all dressed in tuxedos, the hybrid and owner matching. so jimin tried matching with her and wore a burgundy dress shirt and a black blazer and tie, black dress shoes and pants finishing it off. he also wore his contacts, which made his eyes a light bluey-grey. his hair, which was almost the same colour as the contacts but just a little darker, was swept to the side, showing his forehead.

he smiled as soon as he saw her, pausing his conversation with his friends, which made them glance over as well. they cheered, clapping, "we picked well!"

y/n blushed lightly, observing as jimin stepped towards her and slid his arms around her waist, kissing her forehead, exclaiming in surprise, "hey, look at that, you're almost the same height as me."

she chuckled, leaning into his grasp as he then led her downstairs to where a limousine awaited to bring them to the gala.

bidding hoseok and yoongi goodbye, they left, and jungkook immediately mumbled, "oh my god, i feel rich," causing the other executives and their plus ones to laugh in amusement.

"y/n, you look so pretty," one of them complimented.

she grinned, about to reply with a thanks. but jimin cut her off, pulling her closer to him and boasting, "i know right, i'm so lucky."

they arrived at the mansion where the gala will be held, their limousine getting in line behind the other cars. the announcement of the company and names were ringing loudly into the air, causing the hybrids in the car to flatten their ears involuntarily.

"kim namjoon and kim seokjin from knj secretarial services. manager and executive of production, park jimin and min y/n. executive of marketing, jeon jungkook and kim taehyung. executive of finance, chai..."

she drowned out the announcer's voice, vaguely aware of jimin's arm around her waist as they walked up the carpet. flashes and clicks rang out around them, the photographers screaming for them to look over.

she kept one of her arms around his hip as well, the other resting by her side.

she walked with him confidently, keeping her chin up as they made their way to the ballroom. 

"they're so loud," she muttered to him, her ear flicking at the deafening shouts and yells. he nodded in agreement.

"we have to deal with it sadly, so just smile and keep going."

eventually they reached the ballroom, away from the eyes and cameras of the reporters outside. she let out a breath, relaxing into his grip. he chuckled and led them to their table, sitting next to namjoon as she sat in between him and jungkook. the younger grinned at her.

"noona, how are you liking the gala so far?" he asked.

she shrugged, "it's pretty cool i guess."

satisfied with her answer, they turned their attention to the makeshift stage that was built for the event, watching at the hosts introduced themselves. 

the gala was uneventful for the first half, until jimin stood up and held his hand out for her, smiling, "dance with me?" 

she glanced at the dance floor, it wasn't as packed as it was before once the music had turned to a slower rhythm, mainly meant for the couples. she took his hand hesitantly, her feet following his as they made their way to the floor. the pairs there made sure to leave space for them around the middle, and he placed one hand on her back, grabbing her hand in his and holding it at shoulder-height.

she rested her other free hand on his shoulder, mimicking him as they swayed around the floor. he pulled her closer to him, resting his forehead on hers. they both closed their eyes, their footsteps still synchronised perfectly. 

slowly, the other dancers stepped aside and watched with amusement as he twirled her around, her laugh ringing out softly. it seemed to spark a joyful mood into the other executives, and they soon cheered with the moves they performed. 

as the music ended, their show ended as well, the audience applauding them as they made their way back to their table, grinning the whole way. 

even though most people didn't seem to mind her black ears, she still noticed a couple of hateful stares from the crowd. but looking around, she realised that most of them were women, all glaring at her.

she murmured to jimin, "why are they staring at me like that? did i do something wrong?"

"no," seokjin answered for him, "they're just jealous. after all, you were dancing with the park jimin?"

"what does that mean?"

"jimin hyung doesn't dance." jungkook informed, "he has never danced at these events, and he has also never showed affection to anyone in public before, so the fact that he's doing both of these things with you, it just really pisses them off i guess. don't forget, he is very good-looking, and they definitely have a crush on him. so realising that he is now taken, just makes them jealous and angry."