0.7 | panther form

saturday night: the streets

y/n snuggled into jimin's side, trying to find warmth in the cold night. they had just finished at a restaurant with the other boys as a celebratory dinner for her joining the company and were currently walking back to their apartment. they left earlier than them, wanting to spend some time with each other. he slid his arm around her shoulders, rubbing her arm as they took slow steps.

they chatted about random things, content with each others company.

but of course, that didn't last long when he noticed her ears perking up, "what's wrong?" he asked.

"someone's following us," she muttered, "i recognise them from the restaurant."

he glanced back, turning for a split second to see two men who were indeed at the diner earlier. he remembered how suspicious they were being, observing as they had their dinner and also paying when they got up to leave.

"i don't want to lead them to the apartment, walk to the convenience store a couple minutes from there," he whispered, tugging her as they quickened their pace. the men did the same, their footsteps growing closer and louder as they caught up. 

he started sprinting down the path, his feet bounding on the pavement as he pulled her along. she whipped her tail from side to side, regaining her balance as she followed him. in a few seconds, she was in front of him and forcing him forward with almost no effort at all before turning around.

he narrowed his eyes, diving into a roll to stop as he looked to her.

y/n was in her panther form, her muscles tensing as she prepared to fight. she pounced onto one of them, knocking something out from his hand. jimin quickly grabbed the object, his eyes widening when he saw the light from a building glint off a shiny dark metal. 

she stopped because she heard a gun. she heard it click. 

he glanced at her, watching as the panther took down two men. he tried to move to help, but he couldn't, he was frozen in his spot.

but to be fair, she was doing pretty well on her own. 

that was, until the other man brought out a knife. 

that's when jimin ran towards them, barrelling into the man and causing him to fall over. he was afraid he wasn't quick enough, which proved true when he realised the knife wasn't in the man's grip. he spared her a quick look, wincing inwardly when he saw her, hunched over in her human form with her hand pressing on her shoulder. 

protruding from between her fingers was the silver blade. 

her mouth was gaped open, pained gasps slipping out from her lips as she tried to gain her posture. her eyes flicked to the man struggling under jimin's hands, her gaze hard as she got up slowly, her feet making their way to them as she harshly pulled out the blade, the growing circle of blood staining the shirt she was wearing. 

she glared at the man, a hint of satisfaction evident in her eyes when a terrified expression overcame him. 

jimin stared, stunned as he watched her plunge the knife into the man's shoulder, twisting it and causing him unbearable pain. he immediately released his grip, watching as both of them scrambled away. 

he then switched his attention to y/n, quickly jumping to her when she staggered back, her chest heaving as her hand shot to her shoulder, gripping it tightly. he caught her, resting her between his legs and laying her head on his chest while he leaned against the wall, running his hand through her hair to calm her down.

"everything is gonna be fine y/n, i promise, just hang in there," he murmured, his head resting on hers as his arm slid around her waist to support her. her tail wrapped around his leg, squeezing her eyes shut as she let out soft mewls, "shh.." he soothed.

he pressed his lips onto the top of her head, giving her a light kiss as his hand fumbled around his jacket for his phone, shifting her off him slightly.

the action made her whimper, and he paused at the heartbreaking sound, "i'm sorry kitten, i just have to call the ambulance, then we can get you fixed up, alright?"

she raised her head to try and meet his eyes, "no hospitals," she mumbled, "promise me oppa, no hospitals. no vets. no doctors."

"but-"

"no," she growled, "promise me."

he let out a sigh, nodding hesitantly, "i promise." 

she relaxed, her breathing somehow evening, "are you okay? they didn't hurt you, did they?"

he shook his head, trying to remain calm as he answered, "they didn't, you punched them before they could."

her lips pulled up into a small smile, "did i do good? did i keep you safe?"

he felt sharp pain in his chest, and he buried his face into her shoulder, "you did, you did kitten, you kept me safe," he grinned, talking to her as he tried to distract her from the dull pain she must be feeling from her shoulder as he applied pressure on it to stop the blood that was flowing out.

"jiminie?" she muttered. he hummed, and she turned her head, her nose brushing against his neck slightly as she rested there, "you're the best owner i've ever had. thank you."

"you don't need to thank me," he replied, "i was just doing what everyone should do."

"but they don't," she said, her voice soft, "you are the first owner i have ever had that treats me nice. you don't push me, and you don't force me into sex, thank you oppa, thank you so much."

his expression fell, "they force you.. oh my god," he breathed out, "i'm sorry y/n, i'm sorry you had to go through that."

"it's not your fault, what matters is that you don't treat me like shit, i really do appreciate that."

he chuckled slightly, "language kitten, don't swear."

~~~

four men stumbled out from the restaurant, all laughing with joy. namjoon took a breath, composing himself as he suggested, "do you guys want to go to the club near jimin's apartment?"

"the dj diner?" 

he nodded, "yea, that one. they have really good drinks there."

all of them nodded enthusiastically, starting the walk towards the bar. they all chatted happily, until taehyung stopped, his nose twitching while his ear perked. they glanced at him, tilting their head in questioning.

"kookie?" he muttered, earning a hum from his owner, "i smell blood."