1.1 | vet

saturday afternoon: the vet

y/n hid behind jimin, her ears flattened against her head as they entered what she called 'hell'.

he had somehow managed to convince her to go to the vet this morning while having breakfast, even though she had made it very clear that she did not like doctors or vets of any kind. she did reluctantly give in when he persuaded her by saying he would be next to her the whole time, but she wish she hadn't.

there was something about the center that she disliked.

as they approached the room, she pushed herself into jimin's side, her eyes narrowed and her tail whipping from side to side violently. he slid his arm around her shoulder, rubbing her arm comfortingly, "what's wrong kitten?"

"i don't like this place. feels weird. smells weird too," she commented, wrinkling her nose.

"i'm sorry, but we have to get a checkup for you," he answered, playing with the hem of his shirt guiltily.

"i know, you don't have to apologise." she sighed, sitting on the bed while waiting for the vet.

he moved towards her, wrapping his arms around her, "how about this, after the checkup, i'll give you a full two hours of my attention. no phones, no whatever, just you and me. okay?"

she nodded in response, her ear twitching happily. he smiled and kissed the top of her forehead, pulling away as he heard the door open. a man stepped in, flashing both of them a smile as he walked towards y/n.

her ears immediately flattened, and she edged away from him slightly. however, neither of them noticed.

"hello y/n, i am doctor gan, how are you?"

"i'm fine. thanks," she muttered, giving him a small smile in return.

he proceeded with the normal checkups, nodding constantly. he then turned to jimin, "everything seems fine, i just have to give her a shot, it's gonna help when she gets her heat."

he picked up a syringe filled with clear liquid, and once she saw it, her instincts sharpened and she recoiled from the scent, jumping from her seat. jimin's eyes snapped to hers and he gazed at her worryingly, "kitten? what's wrong?"

she snarled, "i am not taking that," she hissed, her eyes flashing with streaks of yellow.

the owner glanced at the vet, "what did you say it helped for again?"

doctor gan frowned, "her heat. it's going to lessen the pain."

"she went through her heat a couple of weeks ago, she was completely fine. and jungkook or namjoon haven't mentioned anything about a liquid that lessens the pain for heats," he said, growing defensive as he wrapped his arms around y/n's waist and pressed her back into his chest protectively, "she's not going to take anything unless you get that tested and show me the results."

he scowled, "listen, it helps her. don't you want to do what's best for her?"

sensing his aggressive tone, jimin growled, "not if it poisons her. i am not going to let her get hurt just because i was stupid and let a crazy vet inject a drug into her without testing it first."

as he said that, a knock against the door rang into the air and it opened, a nurse stepping in, "mr. park, apologies but.." she trailed off, frowning at the sight.

"do you have a vet called doctor gan?" he immediately asked as she stepped in.

"no sir, doctor soo was suppose to be helping you with the checkup," she answered, "but we just saw him in the hallway and he was bleeding severely. i was going to tell you that we have to reschedule your appointment."

at this, gan lashed out and threw the syringe at y/n.

but she was quick enough to push jimin aside and avoid it, launching herself at him while shifting into a panther. she unsheathed her claws and held it to his throat, her lips pulled back into a menacing snarl as she pinned him on the floor.

he glared at her, yet he made no effort to move at the feeling of her sharp claw pressing against his neck.

handing the nurse the syringe, jimin ordered, "get this tested, this might be a poison and you don't want this in your center."

she nodded immediately and retreated to the back rooms.

y/n let the so called 'vet' up, her lithe form being replaced by a smaller body of fur. she sat in front of gan, her ice blue eyes piercing at him while her now fluffy tail swept around her paws neatly.

realising that he hasn't seen much of her wolf form lately, jimin stroked her ears gently, perking in surprise when he heard no purr, but it was instead replaced with her pressing her snout against his leg tenderly. she raised herself up onto her hind legs and placed her paws against his stomach, nuzzling into his side.

he chuckled and ruffled her fur up, glancing at the man that was still on the floor, watching them with visible disgust in his eyes. jimin's expression hardened and he exhaled sharply, his eyes throwing daggers at him.

after a few moments of patiently waiting, the nurse walked back in with two police officers behind her. the officers, one of them happening to be hoseok, cuffed him and made him stand up. meanwhile, the nurse spoke with disbelief, all while staring at gan.

"the drug he tried to give you was suppose to make hybrids go crazy, and it also had a tracker in it. which meant that, after injecting her with the liquid, he would be able to track her wherever she is. and essentially, the drug will cause her to have headaches and attack anyone on sight, she would be labeled as a killer and would be needed to be caught and put down. in other words, she would have been killed."

jimin clenched his jaw and glared at him, his feet making its way to him.

but before he could, y/n blocked him and shifted to a human, sliding her arms around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes and purring into his ear, "jimin-ah, don't.."

keeping his gaze on gan, he muttered, "he could've hurt you."

"but he didn't. he's too dumb to be able to hurt me," she replied softly. he curled his hands into a fist but slowly slid his arms around her shoulders, keeping his gaze on him.

"fuck you," he spat at him instead, his grip around her tightening.

hoseok then quickly shooed the other officer and the criminal away, pulling a notepad out and heading to him. hearing the footsteps, y/n wiggled around to face him, her hand holding onto jimin's arms as they resumed its place around her shoulder.

"jiminie," he grinned, "how you feeling?"

"angry. furious. annoyed. irritated."

"so basically different stages of anger?"

"hyung," he growled out, telling him to stop.

"sorry," he chuckled.