-3

it seemed like a big jump, just to drop everything and leave out of curiously. however, after a night of contemplation and waves of regret, i decided to accept that i agreed to leaving.

starting from today, seulgi, wendy, irene, yerim and i are trying to get out of here, to find out where all these teenagers are going.

we ditched the dress code, showing up in the most outstanding clothing we owned. our attitudes switched up completely.

instead of being polite and respectful, as expected in seoul. we're care-free and fun.

i arrived to school late, although i left on time.

as i entered i saw kim hyuna, tears streaming down her face as two guards lead her out and put her into a black car.

disturbed, i shiver at the sight, looking away almost ignorantly.

'let's do this.' i mutter pushing open the doors to the school. i enter class with a huff, an act that contrasts entirely to my normal one.

soon enough, two weeks passed of us doing this with no reaction. within the two weeks eleven more students have gone including, min yoongi, wong yukhei and lee hoetaek.

a nickname was made for the people who went. the stray kids.

again a rumour had arisen that bang chan was somehow able to get in contact with hoetaek and tell him they were in a place called 'district 9.' this made sense, in terms of our location.

this was fuel to a fire, as the entire student body swallowed up the rumour and it became the topic of gossip.

although, the entire topic of bang chan was banned before it could spiral into anything.

+ha eunhae

'i hope chan did get in contact with hui.' i start to the others, all of them agreeing.

inside, a small bit of hope sparked when i heard the news about chan. it seemed like validation that everything wasn't going to waste and i was really getting somewhere.

'what were you told about this topic of discussion?'  a guard approaches our table, his tone threatening and strict as he tells us off.

'what topic?' seulgi asks innocently, batting her eyelashes at the guard, as if with sarcasm.

'oh! the one about christopher bang?' yerim continues and a second guard approaches us.

this is it. this is our fuel to their fire.

'all five of you have been on your last strikes for days. kim yerim please vacate your seat.' the guard says, the emotionless voice returning towards the end.

with a hint of shock, she stands up, flinging her purse over her shoulder. two guards then grabbing her arms roughly and leading her out of the cafeteria. 'have fun seeing chan!' i finish, the small yet witty sentence acting like a cherry on top.

'ha eunhae please vacate your seat.' another voice says, as monotone and lifeless as the others. bingo. i stand up preparing to be lead out.

roughly, with aggression that i've never felt before, my arms are grabbed.

'you will not speak another word or look at anyone else as we leave the premises or you will be shot.' a guard spits and i remain silent as we leave the school and i enter a black car similar to the one i saw hyuna in a few weeks ago.

'do not move whilst in this car, you cannot look or touch anything.' the guard speaks, his gun still poking painfully into my side.

too terrified to even dare to breathe too loud, i keep my head forward, all the scenery unrecognisable.

the journey feels longer than it seems due to the layer thick silence that consumes the air around me.

however, after some time the car enters into what looks like a warehouse, an identical guard stationed on the gate.

'for district 9.' the driver tells the guard, before the gate is opened and we drive through the warehouse, it eerily empty, and out the back to a deserted train station.

the one irene has mentioned.

the car comes to a sudden stop next to a platform, the stone of the platform dark and mossy, like it had been untouched. next to the platform, a cargo train, obviously an older once due to its walls being made of wood, sits on the rails next it.

before i have anymore time to analyse my surroundings, the door next to me swings open and im grabbed roughly and pulled out.

unable to hold myself up in the grip of the guard, i stumble, falling onto the gravel, a stinging pain shooting through me, coming from my knee before im pulled up rapidly and guided like a blind women, onto the platform.

the guard recklessly pushes me into the carriage, with unmatched force, making me crash into the wooden wall of the train, that was opposite me.

a spike of pain comes from my cheekbone as they slam the the door shut.

'eunhae?' i turn my head to see yerim sitting peacefully in the corner, almost unbothered at the situation we got ourselves into. she gets up as i glare at her and makes her way towards me. 'holy shit your cheek is bleeding, really bad.'

in response, my hand lifts to my cheek, the feeling of liquid on it and i hold it there, attempting to stop the bleeding.

another slam is heard, startling both of us as a shout is heard from outside the train.

no whistles or calls sound like normal train stations, we just begin to move; yerim stumbling before she sits opposite me, unable to balance in the rocky carriage.

'to district 9 i guess,' she toasts with a definite hint of uncertainty and i laugh nervously and repeat.

'to district 9!'