-16

+ha eunhae

 joining yerim in the kitchen, i send her a small smile.

'getting up at 2pm you two.' she tuts and i turn to chan who is shrugging, a cheeky grin on his lips. yerim then passes me a pack of cereal bars and i hand then to chan.

'right. goodbye babygirl.' chan says, placing a kiss on my cheek.

'stay safe.' i say looking at him. 

always for you.' he replies then, rushing after woojin and the rest of the boys who were already out the door.

'so you two are getting pretty close, eh?' yerim nudges me, wiggling her eyebrows as i cut some vegetables.

'you could say that.' i answer, blushing as jeongin walks in.

'eunhae! look at my leg!' he starts and i turn around, seeing a massive bruise.

'fuck, was that me?' i ask, looking closer to inspect it.

'yeah! yesterday when you were being crazy, you kicked me!' he remarks, and i apologise immediately.

'we have no ice so the only thing she can do is put a bandage on it.' seungmin says, walking in and shutting the blinds.

'im sorry jeongin.' i pout and he shakes his head.

'don't worry, it doesn't hurt anyway.' he says, i then turn around and continue cutting the vegetables.

'what are you making?' seungmin asks, leaning over the counter as seulgi walks in.

'soup.' yerim says pulling out one of the pots from the cupboards. 'how are some of these houses are in such good condition but, others are destroyed?' she asks.

'i think, when they sent us here. they didn't want us to necessarily die, they had to make it survivable. i think this was an old town and everyone must've  been evacuated. maybe animals, thieves etc, broke in before they made it into district 9.' seungmin says and he sits down at the table, next to seulgi. we continue to talk whilst yerim and i make food.

'wait.' yerim says. 'when we arrived you'd all already eaten the food delivered for the week.'

'we were bad at planning, we ate when we were hungry.' jeongin answers as he plays cards with seulgi and seungmin.

'you would've starved before yoongi could even come for you.' yerim says, sliding the vegetables into the pot. they laugh and continue playing whilst yerim and i discuss food.

'they'll probably be back by 6pm, before it gets dark.' jeongin says.

'right and it's, 4 now?' yerim says, grabbing a few cereal bars and throwing them to everyone.

'i want to go to the town.' i say, sitting next to jeongin.

'you're mad.' he says, flicking my head.

'i'm not! i want to go in the day, with one of you just so i can look in what remains of the shops. i'm sure we'd find stuff we need.' i answer and yerim agrees. they continue to play cards as i watch.

'eunhae, we need to change your plaster.' seungmin says getting up and grabbing the first aid kit off the counter. he sits down next to me and begins to work on it.

'i wonder what's happening back home.' seulgi says, huffing. 'i'm pissed that the rest of the girls never came.'

'yeah, i thought they knew better than that.' yerim says. 'they're sitting nice and safe in seoul whereas, we're fuck knows where with barely any water and barely any food.' everyone agrees and she lets out a big sigh.

'do they expect us to live here for the rest of our lives?' jeongin asks, and no one answers.

'right. go shower, we have 95l left be quick.' seungmin says, 'there are towels in the bag in the hallway.' he shoos me off and i go upstairs, grabbing a towel and going into the bathroom.

i shower quickly, washing my hair. stepping out of the bathroom, the cold air hit my skin and i take a sharp inhale, shuffling to my room.

'seulgi!' i shout and i hear her reply back. 'do you have any clothes?' i hear footsteps come up the stairs as she enters my room.

'come on.' we go to the girls room and she opens the wardrobe. 'i got a package of clothes with the delivery. i think it was from my mom, as it was all my clothes.' she hands me a pair of leggings and i thank her.

'i'll take one of chans hoodies.' i tell her as we walk out of the room.

'look at you being a girlfriend and all!' she teases, messing up my wet hair.

'we're not together.' i huff.

'that's not what that kiss said last night.' she giggles and i slap her playfully. 'what?'

i walk back into my room getting ready and skimming through the bag, chan and i have yet to unpack.

i grab out a black and white striped long sleeve top and a white hoodie, both belonging to chan. the sleeves of the top being overly big and i roll them up and over the jumper slightly. i brush my hair through and let it flow down my back as it drys.

i sigh and take mine and chans dirty washing downstairs and see the four still playing cards. 'i'm gonna do some washing, how much water do we have left? also is there anymore?'

'probably around 35l, use five and no, yerim did the stuff that was brought down this morning.' seungmin tells me. 'let me look at your neck.'

i dump the washing on the floor and sit down next to seungmin.

'taeyong is a dick.' seulgi starts. 'we went to town for fun, not to get someone hurt.'

'i don't think we should put another plaster on it.' seungmin advises getting jeongin to look at it.

'no let it actually get some air.' jeongin says, as he looks.

'eunhae turn your head.' yerim says and i do so. she shivers and seulgi looks as well.

'it looks like when you cut yourself whilst shaving, just deeper.' seulgi says, looking at it closely.

'ew.' i mutter, my hand patting the cut.

'don't touch it bitch!' yerim shouts, everyone laughing at her comment. i stick my tongue out at her and pick up the washing.

i fill up the sink and grab the washing powder we took from the launderette.

'i miss washing machines.' i say.

'me too.' yerim says, 'these boys all have two braincells and can't wash their own shit, or cook.'

'hey!' jeongin retorts as i start to wash the clothes.

'come and wash it then!' yerim shouts.

'maybe i will!' he says back, getting up.

'sit down, you suck at doing any sort of housework.' seungmin says, pushing jeongin back into his seat.

'it's weird how no one else has come.' seulgi says, a conversation sparking as i continue to wash up.

'i wonder who will come next.'