-12

saturday
+ha eunhae

i wake up to an empty bed, chan no longer next to me. i sigh leaning up, my neck beginning to ache. memories of last night flood my mind as i squint due to the light coming through the window.

 forcing myself out of bed, i make my way downstairs.

'eunhae!' yerim cheers, she immediately hugs me, being careful of my neck. 'woojin is still mad, he'll probably talk about it later.' she whispers in my ear.

'hey.' i reply back walking into the kitchen, where all the boys are around the table, discussing something.

chan looks up at me, lifting his hand so i'd go over to him. i walk towards him, and he pulls me on his lap.

'good morning.' he whispers and kisses my head, the other boys all greeting me as well. 

'how is your neck?' felix asks, everyone looking towards the plaster.

'it still hurts, but it'll be ok.' i tell them, they all nod and continue discussing something.

'there's some painkillers in the cupboard that came with the delivery. go and take some.' seungmin tells me and i nod getting up, chan watching me the whole time.

swinging the cupboard, the meds are on the top shelf however, before i can even attempt to get them, chan gets up once he sits me on the counter and reaches over me grabbing the painkillers.

'you're so small.' he says smiling at me. i pout at him and he laughs, grabbing one of the bottles of water that came in with the delivery. 'have two.'

i take the two painkillers and chan makes me come back to the table. i sit on his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

'there are five suburban streets.' minho starts. 'we've scouted three of the five.'

theres a piece of paper in the centre of the table, a plan of the suburbs drawn on it messily.

'we need to get out of here as soon as possible.' chan says, jisung agreeing.

'with eunhae like this, we become too vulnerable if we move.' hyunjin tell us.

'im fine, i promise.' i tell them all, chan rubbing my waist. 'it's not deep, it's like a paper cut alright?'  seungmin agrees, smiling at hyunjin.

'i think the sooner we get to a new place the safer we'll be.' felix adds, 'if it means finding it, taking eunhae, the girls, seungmin and jeongin there. making sure both of them are armed, plus sooyoung.'

'where's the new place going to be then?' yerim asks as she leans on jeongins chair.

'hyojong is in the city centre somewhere, we reckon yoongi and all that are on the east side.' felix tells her.

'were planning to scout the other two roads tomorrow and Monday, then we'll head north and see what's on that side of the city.' changbin says.

'but we don't want to go to the north side preferably.' chan adds. 'it's too far from the gate. it'll take us a day to get there and back.'

'we're looking a either another house or trying on the east side or outskirts.' woojin tells us.

'right. we're aiming to get the fuck out of here by next friday.' chan says, the conversation ending just as the girls walk down the stairs.

'onto other things.' woojin starts. 'what the fuck were you thinking last night?' he says, his eyes wondering between yerim, sooyoung, seulgi and i.

'you almost got eunhae killed! all of you, including eunhae.' he says.

'we wanted to explore.' seulgi says shyly and we all nod, as i feel chans grip around me loosen. i look at him and he looks away.

'you knew taeyong left, and had a thing about chan!' minho adds.

'they wouldn't know taeyong would go for them woojin.' jisung says, his voice calm and he weakens the tension.

'he's going for eunhae.' sooyoung says, repeating it. 'he's going for eunhae because she's chans weakness.' she says, and my eyes widen. the whole table turns towards chan and he stays silent.

'it makes sense.' felix adds. 'he wouldn't listen to anyone last night until we got to eunhae.'

chans hand slides down my leg and rests on my thigh, the other still around my waist as he listens.

'chan?' minho questions, the whole table looking at him again.

'we saw yoongi and jungkook last night.' i say changing the topic. 'well, we heard them.'

'you did?' chan whispers into my ear and i nod.

'they were looking for us.' sooyoung tells them.

'for you?' chan questions, his fingers rubbing my thigh.

'yeah. we went to the convenience store, we'd hidden behind the counter and we heard them just outside.' seulgi tells everyone. chan sighs, holding my waist tightly again.

'we need to go soon.'