-22

a week later
+bang chan

it's been a week since jaehyun came. ive barely had eunhaes attention, jaehyun always stealing it.

jeongin has been very absent, having to stay in his room with hyunjin almost everyday. woojin keeps noticing things jaehyun would do, that seemed off.

i have a weird feeling about jaehyun, he's awkward around everyone but eunhae. he hugs eunhae and only talks to her unless spoken to by others.

i notice eunhae and jaehyun are still awake downstairs, talking and giggling. i knock on the girls room door, hyunjin by my side to ask them what's going on.

'come in.' yerim answers and hyunjin and i walk in.

'you've had to notice it to.' i say, walking in and shutting the door behind me.

'how's he's always in eunhaes face, distracting her taking attention away from us and to him.' yerim says, leaning back on her bed.

'jeongins really fucking bad.' hyunjin says, gripping his hair.

'what's wrong with him?' seulgi stutters and the room fills with silence.

'when he was young, he had a younger brother, his name was teri. they were really close. they were best friends and did everything for and with each other.' hyunjin starts. 'jeongin has always done street fighting and although he doesn't look it, he's really fucking strong. when jeongin was 14 and teri was 12, his parents took teri on a vacation to a city up north.'

the room is filled with thick silence as he pauses, looking down and sighing.

'they left jeongin in seoul and they returned without teri.' hyunjin pauses again.

'so they left him there?' sooyoung questions and we both shake our heads.

'teris body was found four days after they returned, they investigated and found out it was his dad. his parents had lied to him for days.' a slight crack in hyunjins voice makes seulgi wrap her arm around his shoulder.

'jeongin went ballistic, he fought his dad to the point where he was almost dead. he got a severe concussion, three broken ribs, fractured spine and this was all only jeongins bare hands.'

'this is why we never let him out, we're afraid he'll get that angry.' i sigh.

'he doesn't know his own power.' hyunjin finishes.

'i'm sorry i asked.' yerim says.

'it's alright, it was two years ago, we don't mention it at all.' hyunjin says. 'he's not like that unless he gets really bad.' the room sits in silence before we hear talking coming up the stairs.

'i'm really happy we were reunited.' jaehyun says.

'uhm, me too.' i hear eunhae say, a slight strain to her voice.

'goodnight, eunhae.' i hear jaehyun speak and no reply.

'there's something going on.'