Chapter 3 (EDITED)

Song - People are Crazy -
Billy Currington

Jesse's POV
He went to stretch and I flenched moving closer to JJ.
"Hey, it's ok girly. He was just stretching. He would never lay a hand on you. Right, Nick?"
"I would never lay a hand on a woman." Nick agreed.
"JJ you remember last time someone told me that? I went to your house with a handprint across my face." I said to JJ. Knowing he knew what I meant.
"He's not like Jack. He wouldn't lay a hand on a woman. If he does I'll hand him his ass. Then I'll give you a free hit on me. Deal?"
"Wait. You'd let her hit you? Because she doesn't trust us, you'd let her hit you." One of the other men said.
"Yes, I know what she's been through. Andrew, you may not even realize what happened, but I'll let her punch me, and then I'll hand you your ass and let her punch you. And if your smart then you'll keep you mouth shut before she punches you for messing with her father-figure." JJ said before I stood. Ready to punch the jackass.
"Try me." Andrew said

I walked up behind him, tapped his shoulder and swung when he turned around.
"Next time, listen to JJ, and then maybe you will get a black eye, and not just a bruised jaw."
"Damn, you hit like a guy."
"I was raised with guys. I don't trust you lot because I don't know anyone. BUT JJ. So try me. I dare you."
I went back and sat by JJ.
"Nice hit, baby girl."
"Thanks, JJ."
"Your welcome. How's your mama?"
"Don't want me rodeoing. Hold on." I called my mama, and handed the phone to JJ when she answered.
"Hello, Mrs. Elizabeth. How are you.... Yes I ran into Jesse on the circuit..... Yes, I'll take care of her, she's already hit one smart mouthed jackass... Yes, I warned him first.... Yes she just bruised his cheek.... I don't know Mrs. Liz...... Ok. Love ya...... I will." He said as he hung up. He handed me my phone, and my food came. The guy tried to grab my boob, but Nick had him pinned to the wall before he could even touch me.
"The lady does not want you to touch her, hence, why she moved. I suggest you apologize, and don't make another move."
"I'm sorry ma'am. It won't happen again."
"Apology accepted."
When he walked away, I turned to
Nick.
"Thanks." I said still close to JJ. He put his arm around me, and I hid under it. I shoved my plate. When someone went to grab it JJ said "Touch it, I'll hand you your ass, she'll eat it later. Don't test me right now." The plate was passed to JJ, who got me to eat some fries, but then I wouldn't eat anymore. He understood. I was almost rapped last year, he almost killed the guy. No one really knows about it. I kept it to myself. That's the other reason I don't trust men. JJ has gotten a beer, and I went to grab it. He picked it up, "1 sip, that's all. Got it?"
"Yes, sir."
Then I took a sip. "Bud light. Again. I thought you liked Budweiser."
"I do, but they were out."
"Thanks anyways. I needed that."
"I know you did. That's why I let you have a sip." I was about to get up when someone grabbed my arm. Without thinking I swung. I hit someone. Nick.
"Don't grab me unless you want hit. I will knock that pretty little ass of your on the ground next time. Got it?"
"Yes, ma'am. Stay and at least finish your meal."
"Fine."