Chapter 13 (EDITED)

Song - I Can Love You Like That - 
John Micheal Montgomery

Jesse's POV

When we went up for rewards, I got first in Barrels, Poles, and Roping. I got second in saddle bronc. So a big paycheck. Nick beat me in saddle bronc though. I went back to my trailer to see my mama.

"Hi, Mama!"

"Why in the hell did you lock JJ and Jack up?"

"1. Jack tried to rape me last month, and then harassed me until my breaking point.
2. JJ tried to threaten me into pulling the charges. I refused, and he tried to hit me. That is why I had them locked up."

"Oh my. That's why you stayed as far away from Jack as possible." 

"Mama, I would like you to meet my boyfriend, Nick Thompson. Nick this is my mama Karen."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Howard." Nick said shaking her hand

"Mama, I need to go take care of my horses, I'll see ya later. Come on, Nick."

"No, you don't need his help takin' care of YOUR horses."

"No, but he needs to take care of his own. Now I remember why I wanted to rodeo in the first place." I walked up to my trailer, made sure it was locked, and then went to take care of my horses. 

"You know that I woulda taken care of you horses right? I just don't feel safe right now."

"Yeah, I understand. I also didn't want to be quizzed by your mom."

"She's not my real mom, but she doesn't know I know. She still thinks that I am stupid." I said sadly