Chapter 10 (EDITED)

Song - Boot Scootin' Boogie -
Brooks and Dun

Jesse's POV

Nick was sittin' on the couch with a Coke and we were talking.

"Ok. Why don't we go dancing tonight?" Nick asked

"Like as a date?" I asked hoping my hopefulness way being hidden.

"Yes." He said

"Ok. But where are we goin'?" I asked

"A bar about 10 minutes away. JJ doesn't know that there is a bar this close."  He promised

"Ok." I said hoping he was right.

After a minute I asked "What time?"

"7:30?"

"Fine by me. But what should I wear?"

"Anything you feel like."

After that, we chatted a little while, until 6, then I said I was going to get ready. I put on a black sun dress, black cowboy boots, and a blue jean jacket. Since it was cool.  I put on makeup, eyes-shadow, and lipstick. When I was done, I curled my hair and pined some back to keep it out of my face.

When I was done it was 7:25 and all I did was put on my belt buckle from 2017 Jr NFR finals. Then I grabbed my phone, my wallet, and my 9. I stuck my phone and gun into my boot and put my wallet on my wrist since it was a wrist-let. I also put my lipstick in my wallet.

There was a knock at my door, and I opened it after I peeked out the blinds.

"Hey, Nick. How are you?" I asked when I opened the door. I stepped down, and he walked up to me.

"Damn. Who knew you could clean up nice?" He joked. He was in a black pearl snap, dark jeans, black boots, and a black cowboy hat. We matched to be honest.

"My mama may have raised a country girl, but she taught me also how to clean up nice as well."

I hoped up in his blue dodge pickup-truck, and he drove to Dixie's Bar.

I got out of the truck when he opened my door, and helped me out. I went inside, and there was a dance floor full of people. And as promised JJ was no where in sight. I walked to the dance floor as Boot Scootin' Boogie came on. Everyone got into line as the first verse started.
Out in the country
Past the city limits sign
Well there's a honky tonk
Near the county line
The joint starts jumpin' every night
When the sun goes down
They got whiskey women music and smoke
It's where all the cowboy folk
Go to boot scootin' boogie

I was next to Nick, and keepin' up with everyone else, which surprised Nick. 

I've got a good job
I work hard for my money
When it's quittin' time I hit the door runnin'
I fire up my pickup truck
And let the horses run
I go flyin' down the highway
To that hideaway
Stuck out in the woods
To do the boot scootin boogie
When I was turning, someone caught my eye. Jack Johnson. My ex.
Yeah heel toe do si do
Come on baby let's go boot scootin'
Oh cadillac blackjack baby meet me out back
We're gonna boogie
Oh, get down, turn around, go to town
Boot scootin' boogie

I keep up, as Jack tries to get to me. I get beside Nick and wait for him to wonder what happened. 

The bartender asks me says son what'll it be
I want a shot at that redhead yonder lookin' at me
The dance floors hoppin' and it's hotter than the fourth of July
I see outlaws, inlaws crooks and straights all out makin' it shake
Doin' the boot scootin' boogie

Yeah heel toe do si do
Come on baby let's go boot scootin'
Oh cadillac blackjack baby meet me out back
We're gonna boogie
Oh, get down, turn around, go to town
Boot scootin' boogie

I said, get down, turn around, go to town
Boot scootin' boogie
Oh, get down, turn around, go to town
Boot scootin' boogie
As the song ended, I pulled Nick to the other side of the bar.

"My abusive ex is here. He was trying to come near me is why I got closer to you. He stopped when he realized I moved. He was the tall guy moving closer and closer to me."

Jack decided to come up to me, and try to grab me. Nick has him pinned before he could touch me. I'm glad Nick asked me out. I then called the cops. Telling them where we were and that there was a guy pinned to the wall. He only had his hands pinned. So yeah. Nick was not going to be in trouble. I made sure of that.

I whispered to Nick "Hold him for 5 minutes. The cops are coming. He has harassed me since I called things off. He has tried to rape me since then." I admitted.
Just then the cops pulled up.

"I would like to press harassment and attempted rape charges. Please" I said to the officer who walked up to me.

"Can I talk with you outside ma'am?" The officer asked

"As long as Nick comes with me. He doesn't know the whole story but I need someone there that I trust."

"Yes, ma'am." The officer said. He went to get Nick from the other officer.

I was so overwhelmed it wasn't even funny. I had tears in my eyes and was about to cry.

"About two months ago, Jack tried to rape me. He threatened me into not calling the cops. Then tonight, he was trying to grab me, and Nick pinned him. He also would try to force me into have a sexual intercourse with him, but every time I would refuse, he would either slap the crap out of me or he would hit me in the belly. I have found that if I would kick him in the shin or punch him in the jaw. It was in self defense. The relationship only lasted 3 weeks. It started December 1st, and ended  December 15th, 2018. Then the next week he tried to rape me, the today he tried to grab me."

"Alright. If you know of anything else, please give me a call." He handed me a number, and then they left with Jack in the car. They said he would be locked up for a very long time.

Then we went back to my trailer. 

"Do you want to come in?" I asked when we pulled up at my trailer. "Please."

"Yeah. I will." He agreed

He opened my door and, then he opened my trailer door and helped me though to the couch. We went to the couch, then I started to cry. He pulled me into his chest and let me cry. 

 ---- The Next Morning ----

Jesse's POV

I woke up cuddled into a hard chest. I looked up and saw the chest belonged to Nick Thompson. Then the memories from last night flooded into my mind. I remembered that Jack was locked up. I got up, grabbed my clothes for the day, and went into the bathroom to change.