Chapter 5 (EDITED)

Song - Gunpowder and Lead -
Miranda Lambert

Jesse's POV
When I went to get up, someone grabbed my hand, I swung without thinking, and had contact with skin. Nick.
"Don't grab me unless you want hit. I will knock that pretty little ass of yours on the ground next time. Got it?"
"Yes, ma'am. Stay and at least finish your meal."
"Fine." I reluctantly agreed. Sittin' next to JJ.
I ate about half my meal, giving the rest to the guys. I handed it to my right, where Nick was sitting, and let him have it. I drank my root beer, and talked with JJ.
"How's Jack and Coal?"
"Healthy, and spoilt. And fast."
"And that little mare of yours?"
"Cowgirl? She's happy as ever. Glad to be rodeoing again. You gonna be right beside me, help me into the shoot?" I asked. Hoping he would say yes. "I'm up fourth tomorrow."
"Sure. Don't be to stupid."
"I only have poles and Broncs tomorrow."
"Yeah, I'll help ya. As long as you help me. I'm up fifth."
"You know I will."
"Wait. Did you just bargain with him? He never helps anyone. Especially girls." Andrew said.
I looked at JJ asking permission. He nodded knowing what I was asking.
"I'd watch your mouth. I'll hand you your ass before he will." I said. Knowing JJ was right behind me.
"Watch what you say to me, bitch. I ain't scared of you."
I went to jump when I was pulled into a hard chest.
"Let me go you bastard. I'll make you pay." I said.
"Let her go, Nick." JJ said.
I was let go, I walked around the table.
"I know I'm a bitch. You don't have to tell the whole world. Now I should have done this a long time ago." I punched him straight onto the eye. Knowing I gave him a black eye, he went to stand up and I stood still. Inwardly flinching.
"You lay a hand on her, while theirs table full of real men who are ready to jump on you." After that I left.

I walked out to my truck after I paid for my food. When I was in it, I saw that Andrew was following me, I pulled out my 9 millimeter ready to shoot. It was small, so it could fit in my pocket.
"What do you want?" I asked agitated.
"You." He replied
"Not happening. Leave me alone. Or else." I said. I had texted JJ and he was standing out of his sight.
"Or else what? You'll kick me?" He mocked
"No. I'll beat you ass into the ground." JJ said coming into view. I knew JJ was agitated, but I could honestly care less. He deserved what he was about to get.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO
ALL MY FANTASTIC
READERS. GOOD LUCK.
ON YOUR NEW YEAR.