Chapter 7 (EDITED)

Song - Show You Off -

Dan and Shay

Jesse's Chaps and Bronc halter Jesse's POV I was sittin' behind the shoots gettin' ready when Nick walked up to me

Jesse's POV
I was sittin' behind the shoots gettin' ready when Nick walked up to me. I was kinda skeptical because the only time we met was when I was sittin' with JJ at the bar and grill.
"Hey. I don't think I ever caught your name."
"Jesse Howard. Nick right?"
"Nick Thompson." He stuck his hand out for me to shake. Which of course I shook not to be rude.
"Nice to meet you."
"Pleasures' mine."
"Excuse me, but I'm next."
"See ya later. If thats' alright?"
"Yeah." I handed him a piece of paper. That paper contained my number.
I walked up front to were JJ was so post be waitin', but he never showed. Then Nick walked up. "Need any help?"
"Will you be Nice enough to help me in the shoot? JJ was so post to help me, but he never showed up."
"Yeah. I'd be obliged."
"Your awesome. You know that?"
With that I walked by my shoot which held Real Outlaw. He was nasty, but I've rode him before.
I climbed in with the help of Nick. He never tried to grab my boobs, ass, or make me feel uncomfortable. I actually felt safe, but I remember the last time I trusted a guy. I handed my phone to him and grabbed his shirt,
"Hold my gun. I am conceal carry. Do not get caught. I'll find you after my ride. Got it?"
"Yes, ma'am." I handed him my 9 and waited for him to put it in his vest, but he put it in his boot. I'm not surprised though.
I got situated in the saddle, and nodded my head. Outlaw flew out of the shoot, and tried to make me fall every time he moved, he got dangerously close to the rail, but didn't hit me. Which I'm pleased with. I lasted 8, and got the pick up man, and went to the back with my gear, and got my phone and gun from Nick.
"When do you go?"
"6th."
"Want some help?"
"Sure." Just then JJ walked up, but I turned my back to him. He knew that when I asked him, I meant that I needed his help. But I'm not important. He WAS the one man I had trusted my whole life. But I'm stupid.
"I'm sorry."
"Please leave me alone, JJ. You were the one man I trusted, and you broke that trust. You can get on that bronc by yourself." I went to walk away, and he grabbed my wrist.
"Do not talk to me that way." He was to close, and I smelt liquor, and then I did the one thing I thought of, Punched him square in the nose. He went to swing at me, but he was pulled off me by Nick.
"Leave the lady alone. She made it clear she wanted you to leave her alone." Nick said.
"Just go ride that damn bronc, and don't talk to me again." I said. Nick stayed between us, but I stayed beside Nick.
When JJ left, I turned to Nick, "Thank you. You didn't have to do that though. JJ was drunk."
"He put his hands on you. You told him to leave you alone, but he didn't listen."
"Thanks anyway. Let's get you ready to ride. I don't help many people either. But I think I can trust you."

"I hope that you learn to trust men again. But I'll be happy to help you get over your fear. Until then, can we be friends?"

"I'd like that a lot."