Silver Eyes

✋️✋️✋️STOP YOUR READING HERE PLEASE, OTHERWISE THE RE-EDITING WILL MAKE THIS AND THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS NOT MAKE ANY SENSE, TRUST ME!!! IT IS VERY MESSY AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION DOWN THERE! ✋️✋️✋️THANK YOU!!

--Ashton--

The sound of a pen's scratching. That was all that broke the silence in this godforsaken office. Yet, with every stroke of my pen, I grew more frustrated than usual. The dull and loneliness of this office always did ruin my mood, but there was something adding to it now.

I gripped down on my pen tightly, leaving it pressed on a single spot until the ink turned into a dark puddle at the tip. I sighed when it started to ruin my notes and put the pen down to lean back on my chair.

All that filled my mind was my little sister. My innocent, lovable little sister. The only pure thing in this fucking life of mine. The only thing that brought me happiness with one of her smiles...

Without her, I really would've been completely forgotten by my family... She's priceless, irreplaceable.

I didn't want it to be any different...

And, yet...

I stopped my mind from lingering on for too long and rubbed my temples. No. Nicki had no conscious involvement in the bombing and I trusted her reasons for stealing the tablet. Afterall, she was on the video as well... It would have looked bad for her too.

I let out a frustrated groan and turned around on my office chair to face the window overlooking the city. And, now I have another problem to deal with as well...

That bloody Cooper Turner kid! Alex called me on the way here asking whether I could call off the city-wide search for that brat. He's good at hiding, I'll give him that. I have gangs on every inch of the city on the lookout for him, yet he still slips from my detection...

At least he hasn't informed the authorities and exposed anything. It's not as if I couldn't handle some measly, money-hungry cops with a few wads of money, but there was something off about that kid.

I had visited him once to interrogate him after he was captured, and he looked...surprised to see me. It was as if he knew exactly who I was, not as a businessman, but as a Mafia Don... He wasn't even that afraid to talk to me...

Alex reported to me saying that he withstood most of the methods of interrogation they performed on him and didn't spill a single detail other than what we had already known. He even had the balls to talk back to them.

Even when I was investigating him before I met Eloise, I noticed there was something weird about the kid. A transfer student, yet he had very little background information. His parents were also pretty anonymous and as soon as we had raided their house to re-capture their kid, they were gone. No trace of where they went. The neighbours said that they believed their son was dead and moved, which seemed far too suspicious to believe.

Who exactly was this kid? Cooper Turner....

I feel like I'd seen that face somewhere before as well... When I was really young...

Urgh, I need a distraction from all of this...

A knock came at my door as I brought myself out from my deep thought. I swivelled back to the front and saw Amanda meekly coming through the door and shutting it behind her. Ah, perfect! Just what I needed to de-stress. She was carry a stack of files that I needed to look over for a recent partnership proposition from another company.

"Hello, Presiden-ah! I mean, Mr King!" She stuttered, blushing profusely. I see she still hasn't gotten used addressing me less formally. She pattered over to my desk in her high-heels, hugging the files to her chest with one hand. "I have the files you requested." She placed them on my desk and I thanked her, pulling out the top file and flicking through it. "And, I also have your coffee, sir," she said, offering the coffee that was in her other hand. I thanked her once more and took a sip of the coffee, it was my usual and favourite. Amanda used to always forget which type to get me at the start, but now she's become more competent, which is good. I had expected her to leave my office by now, but noticed her figure still standing in front of my desk.