Think Positive

--Eloise--

+Three years later+

This is bliss. Finally going to bed after a last-minute college assignment. It's really the best feeling life could offer you. The bed was so warm and comfy. My mind was at peace knowing there was nothing pressing to procrastinate on. The room was the perfect temperature. And, absolute silenc-

"Miss!" I groaned at the squawking voice of a maid as she burst through my door. No, come on, I just went to sleep! Just a few minutes more! Actually add a couple of hours to that! I thought I could block her out by putting another pillow on my head, but she retaliated by ripping the sheets off of me.

"Hey!" I retorted, throwing the pillow off my face and snapping upright. Arms wrapped around me as I did and gave me a suffocating embrace. "Tina, you're choking me," I sputtered out as her hug grew tighter. She jerked at my words and pulled away sheepishly. I arched an eyebrow at her enthusiasm as I yawned. "What's with all the excitement so early in the morning?" I groggily asked, scratching my bedhead. Man, I was depressingly tired.

"What do you mean, Miss Jackie?! How could you forget?!" She gasped dramatically in shock, placing her hand over her chest. I blinked obliviously in confusion. What's today? Is she talking about my assignment? Well, I suppose it's a good day when an assignment's finally over but nothing to be ecstatic about. "Your birthday, Miss! It's your 21st birthday today!" She exclaimed, beading my eyes wide in surprise. Oh God, she's right! I totally forgot! I mean, I've been so busy thinking about my stupid assignments whilst my dad handled everything to do with my party that I had no reason to think about it. Tina came in for another hug, squeezing me to death. "Happy Birthday, Miss!" I grinned at her wish and returned the hug with a thanks.

Although, my mind was already shutting down from my lack of sleep. Man, I can't believe I pulled an all-nighter on my birthday! How much more of a depressing start can you get than that?! How the hell am I going to make it through this day?! Especially with the giant ass fucking party dad's planned for me tonight! I'm screwed!

I peeled Tina away from me with an awkward chuckle. "Well, that's great. Happy birthday to me I guess," I muttered, jitterily. Tina grinned from to ear to ear and nodded vigorously in agreement. I mimicked her with a strained smile. "So, I should treat myself and get a few more hours of sleep, right?" Her jaw slammed open before she pouted crossly and shook her head in disagreement.

"Not at all, Miss Jackie!" She proclaimed, yanking me out of bed. God, woman, just let me get some sleep! It's a Saturday for god's sake! That's what you're meant to do on Saturday mornings! "We have so much to do on your birthday! It's your 21st after all! That's one of the special ones that come once in a lifetime!" I groaned, falling asleep as I stood. What are you talking about, Tina? They're all once in a lifetime. "Now then, let's get you cleaned up and ready for the day!" She beamed, pulling my limp and sleep-deprived body over to the bathroom. She shoved me in to get prepared and I looked around. The tub was already filled with hot water and covered in rose petals with a bath bomb dissolved. Even my toothbrush had been pre-pasted with toothpaste. She's more excited for my birthday that she would be for her own. "I'll be back with your coffee! Then it's breakfast with your father, Miss!" Tina sang out before prancing out of my room.

I sighed, tiredly and stared at my pale skin and baggy eyes. Maybe a quick nap in the tub until Tina gets back? I brought the toothbrush up to mouth and scoffed in amusement. Yeah, like a 2-second nap probably, with how jolly she is today.

Thankfully, the coffee and the shower helped wake me up a little. All-nighters weren't truthfully that bad after a few hours of getting up and doing something that gets the blood pumping. So, a bit of gym helped as well. Maybe I was just used to them so much my body had adapted to a crappy sleeping schedule.