All I Want

--Giovanni--

Reaching into my blazer, I pulled out a long and fat cigar – the brand, premium, I knew, but didn't care. Immediately, my men all shuffled their pocket for a lighter before the quickest raced towards me and lit the butt of it for me. I took in a long drag from the cigar held between my fingers and let it go into a puff of smoke. The disintegrating remanets of the cigar I gently tapped into the ashtray on the quaint, little tea table overlooking a lake.

I've always liked this view. The greens of the forest complimenting the light blue of the crystal lake. Quite remote, but peaceful and calming. And, the overcast today helped set a relaxing and lethargic mood as well.

Another puff and I indulged in the atmosphere. The morning birds were chirping, the wind whistling through the trees, and the flowers in full bloom for spring.

I pulled my gun out and slammed it down on the glass table, sending a vibration throughout the thread of tension amongst my men in the air.

It was however lightened by the familiar barking of Bastion as it wriggled through a small crack on the ajar door and trotted across the balcony patio to where I was. Happily, it pounced at me, front legs resting on my lap as it desperately tried to reach my height and lick my face.

I hated dogs...

I would've gotten rid of Bastion by now if it wasn't for Jackie. It was her dog after all – a 2-week-old puppy when I first gave it to her. Now with no one around to care for him, the giant German Shepherd was beginning to test my patience.

I sent it a glare, which the mutt didn't understand. It only continued to look up innocently with those round, warm-brown eyes of ignorance. I sighed deeply and ran my hand over its head once and it wagged its tail in excitement. The mutt reminded me of how Jackie used to look up at me...

So, I kept the dog. I took care of it and occasionally play with it. As much of a nuisance as the dog was, I could never bring myself to get rid of it. I wished to see her smile once she returned and saw that the dog was still here for her. I hoped that she would still remember it. Come back soon, Jackie. For the dog was getting old, and so was I. 

My dear, sweet daughter...

Jacinda...

"I've been waiting so long for her..." I mumbled, sucking in another puff. I exhaled it out through my nose. The entire patio silent other than Bastion's pants. I stole a glance at the dog again and saw Jackie adorable little face in my mind. So long... My fist smashed down on the table, startling Bastion away from me and jolting all my men. "SO WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!" My thundering outburst filled the silence with fear and anxiousness. Now, no one dared answer but knew that someone had to. I growled, my hand twitching for my gun. "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY DAUGHTER?!"

"We've received reports!" Someone called out in a panicked yelp. All my men switched their gaze over to him, more rigid than before. I tilted my head slightly to the side, an indication for the man behind me to continue. "Um, w-we've received reports...Don," he repeated, calming himself the best he could. I took in a deep breath, following it up with another drag of the cigar and tap on the ashtray. "Lilith was en route to Cuba but was intercepted at the port by officials who had been bought in. Whatever we had paid them must have been outdone," he explained and my clenching jaw clenched in ferocity. 

"King?" I droned, malice dripping from my tone. That fucker. Even after his group had been driven into near ruin and he had gone missing, I still didn't trust the relentless bastard to keep his nose out of this.

"N-No, Don Florenzo. The group behind this is still unknown as they killed everyone on the ship that could've identified them. Lilith's whereabouts are also currently unknown and her body wasn't confirmed amongst the deceased."