You Can't Control Your Feelings

--Eloise--

I sighed in fatigue and boredom whilst holding a plastic cup of beer and slumping into the living room sofa of Nicki and Jake's dorm room. There was food, ambient music, games, Netflix, drinks and yet it was so dead right now.

This party was a fucking drag. No one was really in the mood. Made sense after what happened today. 

Nicki was still brooding over by the kitchen counter, despite Miyuki's attempts to cheer her up by pressing food to her sealed lips to eat.

Jess didn't seem to give two shits about making an effort to make up with me either, purely focused on chatting it up with Austin who half-heartedly paying attention to her whilst texting on his phone.

Luke was trying to play a game on the PS4 with Naomi, but she couldn't be bothered to put in too much effort and just let him win with ease.

I groaned and gulped down the entirety of my beer before laying my head back. We didn't even have proper alcohol. 

God, it can't get more depressing than this...

Why did I even come? With Ashton gone, it would have been better to keep me at home but Nicki seemed to have worked her magic to allow me to stay for a small party at her dormitories. Someone should be here to pick me up and take me back soon though. 

Back home...

Fuck. Why was I even calling it 'home'? That wasn't home. It was a prison, wasn't it? And, yet, where else could I call home now? What must have even happened to my actual house by now? After all of this is over, what will I call my new home? 

All of this...

I scanned around to all the people I had met since this all began. I didn't fit in here. With them. All these people were friends with one another. I couldn't even imagine being the same as them. I didn't belong in this world of theirs. And, yet I had been forced into it. 

I want to know why? Why am I here? Why was all of this happening? What was going to happen to me after all of this? 

'I...promise that I will tell you what you wish to know'

I had been holding out hope on that promise. And, yet, now, Ashton was gone. He was missing. When will he come back? When will he fulfil our promise? That's all I wanted from him. 

All...I wanted from him? 

My eyes cast to the side with a stir of discomfort at my own words. No. Why was I like this? Why did it feel harsh to think of him that way? It's the least he deserved for everything he's done to me.

The doorbell to the dorm room rang and I perked up. Who the hell was that? I thought this was it? Jess volunteered to get it and jumped over the sofa before prodding over to the door and opening it. I leaned to the side, not quite being able to catch a view from his angle.

"Hey, lil' bro! I didn't think you'd actually show up!" Jess chuckled, before hooking her arm around the guest's neck and dragging him in. Lil' bro? I parted my lips when Dominic entered. Everyone, except and Naomi and Nicki seemed pleased with his arrival, welcoming him in. Naomi merely felt indifferent to his presence, whilst Nicki panicked and looked around for a place to hide before ducking under the kitchen counter. I see that they hadn't settled their differences since that fight I overheard today. Dominic seemed to look around the dorm room as if he was searching for a particular person as he was brought over by Luke, Austin and Jess to the couch to join the party.

"Hey, is Nicki around?" He asked when handed a drink by Luke. Everyone looked to the kitchen where she had been the entire party but only found Miyuki there, munching on some cookies. She pointed to the bathroom.