Lucent

--Eloise--

I wandered into the classroom with unpleasant dread and managed a small, tense smile as the teacher announced me to the whole class. Great. Now, all the attention was on me. As everyone got settled into their seats, I awkwardly wandered over to the only one available. It was the third row from the back. Behind me were a bunch of your typical high school pretty girls. I had a bad feeling about this. With a sigh, I plopped down miserably on my seat. A sharp pain exploded in my rear right after and I jumped up slightly, swallowing down my pained yelp. Thankfully, being closer to the back meant that not a lot of people noticed. I reached behind and pulled something out from my butt, bringing it around so I could see what it was.

Drawing pins... I widened my eyes at them and furrowed my eyebrows, sending a spiteful glare back to a group of giggling girls that occasionally snuck glances my way. I scowled back at them, sending them a hostile look, which caused them to divert their attention down to their books. Did they seriously just put drawing pins on my seat? How childish are they?

I kept quiet about it but once the school intercom dinged in a lovely melody signalling the end of morning classes and the commencement of lunch break, I shifted in my seat to face the culprits seated behind me. 

"Hey," I sterned, throwing the drawing pins over to one of their desks. The one seated behind it glanced down at them and raised an eyebrow before turning her head up to face me.

"Was there something you needed?"

I narrowed my eyes down at them in distaste. Playing innocent. I hated this breed of high school bitch the most. "Nice prank. What are you, six?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, newbie," she derided as she stood up with her things. "Don't just assume that because I laughed at something, that I'm the one behind it. It's a rite of passage to pick on the new kid here. It could've been anyone," she dismissed, joined by her snickering friends as they made way for the door. 

I didn't take it any further. Not wanting to make a scene although it was very clear that they were the perpetrators.  

Urgh, whatever. I'll do something about it if they try it again.

I wandered back into the halls with my head down so I could get to my locker in peace. I was acting like those loners in my old school that my friends and I would take pity on. Never thought that I would have to live the experience myself. I fucking hate high school. 

Why do I have to deal with this crap with everything else that's going on in my life? Just so King can cover up his misdeeds a little better? 

I beelined my way to where my locker was located and began to turn the dial of the padlock. A hand slammed onto the locker beside me and I jumped in fright, snapping my head over to my right. My face relaxed at the sight. Silver eyes watched me curiously with a smile. "Looks like we're locker-mates," she chortled, turning her dial and unlocking her locker. 

I perked up an eyebrow and observed as she skillfully spun the dial for her code. "Why did you say before?" I asked, whilst trying to get my own unlocked. She hummed with a shrug and I frustrated over a few failed attempts to correctly get the lock open. God, this thing is so annoying. It finally clicked open and I huffed out my irritation whilst unhooking the padlock.  About time. I opened the door and-

White was all I saw the next millisecond before a liquid exploded out of my locker and directly onto my face. I heard the students around me gasp in shock, whispering in confusion whilst others giggled at my misfortune. I stepped back and away from my locker whilst slowly scraping the white substance from my eyes, so I could properly see. There was a crowd gathered around my locker now, every taking a good look at the new transfer student dripping with white liquid. I let out a deep, shaken breath of anger. are you fucking kidding me? Who did this...?