It's Not Possible

--Cooper--

Well, here I was again...

Same setting, different place...

I let the time pass listening to another fucking leaky roof until I started to drive myself insane again.

"Fuck!" I screamed in anger, snapping up into seating position on the dusty, stained bed of this third-rate, run-down motel.

"Shut up, you fucking brat!" My neighbour responded through the thin walls with the same volume and ferocity. I grit my teeth together in irritation before crashing back down on the bed, releasing another puff of dust from it.

I was ecstatic when Jake came and told me that he was finally gonna be able to bust me out of that torture chamber. But I thought he was at least going to treat me to a liveable hide-out after a month of being interrogated by his nutty family!

My face twitched in anger as I began to scan around this hobble. It was a single, square room with nothing else but a termite and bedbug-infested, wooden bed, a bathroom I was too disgusted to use and a couple of storage drawers below the window. And, it was in Hunts Point for pete's sake!

I swear, at this point, Jake was just trying to fuck with me...

I suddenly sniffed the air and gagged. Ah, shit, the stink is starting to spread...

I sighed, bouncing up and off the bed before trudging over to the closed bathroom door. With a quick twist of the rusted and loose knob, it creaked open and I found myself stepping back from the reek that exploded out.

My eyes ran over the dead and decomposing body propped up against the bathroom wall. Flies had begun to swarm around him, probably laying eggs in his rotting body so that the maggots could slowly start to eat away at him. It was a male in his late 30's I'd say, fat and filthy. He was my other neighbour, until his drunk arse tried to beat me for making too much noise and ended up on my bathroom floor with his throat slit open.

I get that it's a tragic way to go but, could he at least not stink as much?

It caused me so much trouble as well to clean up all the blood... And, now I had to piss with him staring at me too...

Where's Jake when you need him?

He should be back here today, so I'll just ask him to take care of it... It's not like he's not used it anyways...

A knock came at my door as I moved away from the bathroom. Speak of the devil? The knocks came again, seeming more frantic and I stretched, not minding as I plodded over to the door with a sigh.

I had expected to see my other dickhead of a neighbour or maybe the front desk guy if it wasn't Jake, but instead I saw a small, but cute girl with a fearful expression on her face. Holy shit... What the hell was girl like her doing in a crappy place like this?!

"U-um..." Her voice was quivering as she spoke, and I pulled my eyes back to her face. "Hello, I'm just here to ask whether you know anything about what may have happened to your neighbour? Edgar Davis...?" I raised my eyebrow. Oh, the fat guy that's rotting away in my bathroom? Was this girl his daughter or something? "Well...you see, Edgar's my boyfriend..." I widened my eyes, blinking in shock as she said that sentence. That sleazy cock-up was her boyfriend?! How the hell did he manage to score such a cutie whilst looking like that?! "I came to visit him a few days ago and he wasn't answering the door, so I thought to come back today, but he still hasn't answered so I was just wondering...because..." She started sniffling before crying in front of me. "I-I'm really...concerned...and..." No more words came out of her mouth as she started to sob.