Chapter 11: Part 2

Katora in media happy 25th birthday baby ❣️

"No momma!..I'm fine I promise." My eyes were closed, but I knew that scent from anywhere. I opened my eyes to see Nat standing in the doorway of my hospital room. "Mom I'll call you later." Nat stood in the doorway eyeing me and the tube that was hooked into my arm. "Are you going to come in?" I asked, trying to sit up a bit. "Be honest with me.." she said inching her way into the room. "I always am, babe." She folded her arms across her chest and stood at the foot of the hospital bed. "How long did you know you were pregnant?" Her voice was calm..low but loud enough to not be considered a whisper. "I'm....what?" My eyes now wide, who's pregnant? There was a slight tap and my attention slowly crept to the entrance of the hospital room. "Sorry to be back so soon, your blood work came back and as I suspected ..you are indeed pregnant. I will have to keep you overnight..do a few test and monitor the baby, being that your a little over three months, consuming any alcohol at this point puts your baby at a possibility of being low risk." I could feel the tears in my eyes form. I touched my stomach, knowing that I had a life inside of me scared me. I wasn't ready for this life, the father of my child wouldn't even want to know the seed he planted in me..he made that clear. "I'm ...pregnant...I didn't even know." I looked at Nat. "I didn't know."
"It's common for mothers to not be aware , especially if it's your first child." The doctor said. "A nurse will be in to change your IV bag, then we're going to get you an ultrasound, do you need anything?" He asked. "Something to drink would be lovely." I said. He nodded and left the room leaving silence and confusion in the air. "Who's the father?" She sat at the edge of the bed. "I don't think that really matters, he doesn't want anymore kids." Nat's phone rung and she declined the call. I didn't have to ask her to know that she was feeling some type of way, it was written all on her face. Her phone rung again and she answered. "Yea!" She yelled into the phone. Her facial expression hardened then horror mimicked her beautiful features. "I'm on my fucking way!"

Nats POV

I sped out of the hospital parking lot and headed home. My mind was definitely all over, my girl was pregnant with a baby I didn't plan with her and my mom was waiting for me at my house with the worse news. I was being called to testify against my dirty ass father. The man I hadn't seen in years. Truth be told I hadn't seen any family since I moved away, and I had planned on keeping it that way. My father was sick, my mom turned a blind eye and my sisters would do anything my mom said. They called it protecting the family. The only person I could relate to was gone..forever. I sped up the long driveway and parked my car. My mother's limo was already there. I entered my home and found my mom and sisters sitting in the living room.

"Ok...so what the fuck is going on ?" I broke the silence between us. I was pacing back and forth with my emotions and thoughts running wild. " there's a case building on your father-"
"That's not my father!" My sisters shifted on the sofa as they watched me. I was never really close with my sisters . They were older than me so they always traveled back and forth with mom when she went out of town, which was always. I loved them, we shared the same blood, and at one point life was simple. My mother rolled her eyes. " "The FBI has secretly been investigating your father, and for a long time they had nothing to pin on him." I took a seat across from my sisters. "And what does that have to do with me ? I don't hear from none of y'all!"
"Everything that we've worked hard for will be gone! Not just dad, but mom too..and us!" Fear echoed from my sisters face. She wasn't scared to go to jail, she was scared to loose all the money THEY worked to get. I had nothing to do with the illegal shit they did, I worked hard for what I had. I was rich because of me. "At the end of the day we are a family, we gotta protect each other." My mother's beautiful face was calm. "I know that we haven't been close since.." my mother looked away from me. "Since my brother died..since the child that trusted you was raped repeatedly..since you turned ya eye to every fucked up thing that happened in that house."
"What do you want from me ?" My mother stood and inched closer to me. "I can't take back anything that has or will happen. You need to get out of your fucking feelings and do what YOU need to do for THIS family. Do not testify against your father."

*Giovanni's POV*
I shifted in the hospital bed to find warmth and comfort but nothing felt like Nat's bed. I turned onto my other side, facing the window  my eyes opened wide to a figure sitting in the corner. "Who the fuck are you?" His laughter was deep, chilling. He slowly stood and I watched as he stood in front of the hospital bed. The room was so dark, I could barely see him. He stepped closer allowing the dim light from outside to touch his face. He had a scar just below his eye, his smile crooked. He rubbed his dick before laughing once more. He lifted his hand and pointed his fingers at me as if they were a gun and pulled the trigger. I watched him back out of the room, my heart beating. "What the fuck was that?" I mumbled to myself. I picked my phone up off the stand to find that it was dead. Of course. I don't know who that was but I wasn't staying around to find out. I thought of calling my cousin but then I'd have to explain why I was in the hospital. I slipped on the jeans , shirt, and hoodie Nat had put on me before the ambulance came. I pulled the hoodie over my wild hair and grabbed my phone leaving the room. I didn't know where I was going, hell I didn't even know where I was but I had to get away from here. I sped walked to the elevator and pressed the button for the 1st floor. Once outside I looked both ways to see if anything looked familiar. "Yo G!" I looked behind me to see a familiar face. Her dreads up in a bun, bounced as she jogged up to me. "I thought that was you." She said as she smiled and hugged me. "You need a ride or something?" Her smile was so gorgeous. "Yeah..I could use a ride."