Chapter 16: Mama's Hand

*Luna and Giovanni in media*

*Stephanie in media ..my fucking best friend of 6years ..also my tat artist I love her so much*
.
.
.

I snapped the gold necklace my mom had gotten me for my birthday around my neck as the car came to a stop. My heart smiled as Stephanie stood in front of the market. "Mom stephs here!" I waited for our driver to open my door and I hopped out and ran to my best friend. "Hey bitchhhhh!" I jumped into her arms and she hugged me tight. "Wassup Lunaaaaaaa!" I eyed my best friend, she was fly as usual. "What are you looking at?" She squinted her eyes as I eyed her. "Shut up nigga , I'm just admiring the fit." I said punching her arm.
"Hey Mrs. Nevius." Stephanie opened her arms as she embraced my mom. "How are you Stephanie?"
"I'm good, I'm good." Stephanie smiled as we walked inside the grocery store. "So what are you making tonight ?"
"Pasta, seafood, salad.." my mom said as she bagged tomatoes. "Seafood is gross."
"Yeah well Khai and Ace love it." My mom said. I tripped Stephanie as we walked behind my mom. "Dumbass." I snickered as she got up off the floor. "Is Nola coming this time?" Nola was Ace and Khai's daughter. We were almost the same age, me being older. Nola was cool though, pretty as fuck, and I knew she had a crush on Stephanie. "Yes Nola is coming." I winked at Steph and she rolled her eyes. Steph wasn't into black girls, she only fucked with Puerto Rican girls..which was corny because black girls are lit. "Did you bring your tattoo gun?" I asked Steph and she patted her book bag. This weekend was going to be so lit. "Bro when we get back we have to do a sess-" I bumped into my mom as she stood there. Her focus wasn't on the fresh vegetables, but on a man who was eyeing a bowl of watermelon that he had in his hand. "Mom?" I stood next to her. I'd never seen this man in my life, not like I'd really seen anyone in my 20 years of living. My mother feared this man and I didn't know why. "Who's that mom?" The man looked mean , the scar that was visible on his aged face was ugly. "Call Nat!" My mother's voice was low, and her expression changed when she locked eyes with the man that stood a few feet away from us. His lips crept into a smile as he sat the fruit back in its place. I looked at Steph, who was in her phone. "Luna look at this shit her-"
"Best friend!" My eyes wandered from hers to the scene that was displayed in front of us. "Who the fuck is that?" She asked.
"I don't know." He winked and drew his gun, firing a shot into my mothers chest. Her body jolted backward as people screamed and ran. Before my mothers body could hit the floor, I drew my pistol and fired back as the man who shot my mother took cover. "Get down!" I screamed to my best friend as shots fired from behind me. I crept around a display of fruit and dug my pistol into the back of a man I've never seen before head. "Who are you ?" He chuckled and I pushed my gun harder into his head. "I said who the fuck are you!?"
"kurva vás."
"Wrong answer bitch!" The bullet from my gun pierced his head and I watched as his body fell to the floor. My heart raced as the sound of the gun rung in my ears. I'd never kilt anyone before. I ran to my mother who was fighting to stay alive. I applied pressure to her wound as I caressed her cheek. "Your going to be ok!" I looked around for Stephanie who was nowhere in sight. I dialed Nat's number and waited for her to pick up.
"Hello?"
"Mom.."
"What happen Luna?"
"I don't know..there was this guy and he was staring a mom...he...he shot mom and she's bleeding a lot."
"Where's she shot at ?"
"The chest." The phone was silent and I could hear footsteps approaching me. I picked up my gun and spun around ready to pull the trigger.
"We gotta go..like now!" Stephanie looked down at my mom and then me.
"Luna your gonna have to cover the wound to stop the bleeding ..or she's not going to make it." Nat's voice was steady. "I need something to cover the wound." I looked at Stephanie.
"Luna I need you to roll mom on her side and see if there's an exit wound." My mom let out a deep sigh that sounded painful as I rolled her into her side. "The bullets still in her."
"Ok..find a cloth and stick it in the wound, I'm calling the doctor..you need to be on that helicopter like now..and hurry."
"Give me your shirt!" I looked up at Stephanie who was already out of her shirt. She cut a good portion off and handed it to me. "Can you help me lift her? We have to hurry." Stephanie pulled my mom up and I grabbed the other side of her. We rushed to the car and climbed in, pushing my mom in first. I could see the sweat on my moms face and that made me nervous. "You need to drive faster! If she dies...you die."
We arrived at the helicopter as my mothers health was getting worse.  We were greeted by men who pulled her out of my arms.
"You are to return to the island ma'am."
"What?"
"We've been given orders to take Mrs. Nevius, but you have to return to the island. Nat will be there."
"I'm NOT leaving my mother!"
"The linger we stand here, the worser age will get..there's a helicopter 3 minutes out."  My phone rung, and I stepped away from the helicopter to hear Nat better.
"Why can't I go?"
"Because I need you here!" Nat screamed through the phone. "The only way we can protect mom is if we end this..so I need you to come home." I sighed deeply as I hung up the phone. "I don't know what's going on best friend but you know I got you..gang shit." My focus shifted to the helicopter that was approaching. "Let's go." We climbed into the helicopter together and my eyes shifted over the ocean as we inched to the island. I could feel my eyes water and my heart ache as I tried to keep my emotions together. Unfortunately I wasn't good at holding my tears in, and I felt Stephanie's hand touch my shoulder. I sobbed as my mind reminisced seeing the bullet hit my mother. Who was that man ? I touched the necklace my mother gave me earlier. I felt Stephanie's arms wrap around my waist and she pulled me closer. "She's going to be fine Luna, I promise." She said wiping my tears and I felt my heart flutter. The helicopter landed on the helipad and we were greeted by Nat, Jade, Ace, Khai, and Katora. Nat pulled me into a hug and I squeezed her tight. I knew that I had to be strong..I was trained to be strong, but this shit hurt my soul. We settled into the living room where Nola was.
"What did he look like?" Nat spoke, sitting across from me. I closed my eyes as I remembered the man that stood a few feet away from me. "He was older..but fit. His hair was dark, and he wore a scar on his face. He looked so mean and his presence was scary."
"....whoever he was...she knew him."  Nat stood up and paced the floor. "Your mother met him..years ago when she was pregnant with you. He visited her in the hospital the night we found out she was pregnant..he was sent as a warning."
"A warning?..a warning for what?"
"My...father was a bad man, he did a lot of illegal shit...the FBI had a case against him...and they wanted me to testify."
"So?-"
"So I was going to...he needed to be put away, I identified a girl that my father had bought, and because of that he threatened to kill your mother..my friends..me."
"And now he's found us?!"
"No..he didn't because he's dead, but there's unfinished business...I killed my father."
"So this guy was working for your father?"
"No..not exactly..he's my fathers brother."
"So how do we stop him?"
"First we have to get close to him..it's not that easy."
"Can you track cellphones?" Stephanie's voice filled the room and We all looked at her.
.
.
.
.
Authors note:
I want to thank everyone that has took the time to read faithfully. Unfortunately this may or may not be the last chapter that I will update on wattpad because I am currently in the process of working with a publisher in NYC. Although I will stop writing here, the book is not finished. I hope that you all will continue this journey with me when the book hits your local stores. Please VOTE for my story and SHARE with anyone who enjoys to read as much as we do!

Forever an author,
Isis ✨🦋

             All Rights Reserved
              Isis Monaè © 2018