Chapter 15: Luna

*Giovanni in media 8 months pregnant with Luna❣️

I ran my manicured fingers through my soft curls as I yawned and stretched in my bed. The sounds of the ocean crashing against the shoreline drifted into my room. I smiled listening to the sounds of exotic birds greeting me. My brown eyes fluttered open as I sat up, taking in the view of my dimly lit room. The sun was rising which meant it was almost time for training. I yawned once more as I rubbed my eyes, heading to the bathroom. I pinned my hair up in a bun, brushed my teeth, washed my face and got dressed. My phone vibrated and I picked it up, unlocking the bright screen.

Creator✨- no training today

I starred at the message from my mom. I could've stayed in bed. I hated training anyway. Growing up sucked, besides the fact that I was super rich, I had no friends and I was for the most part isolated from the world. I lived on a island , in a mansion with no one to share it with but my best friend, and that was only sometimes. I spent majority of the time training, for safety reasons my moms would say. Who the fuck would I have to seriously injure? We trained in the jungle, and even though I hated training, I was good at what I did. I was a total badass, I'd been training since I could walk. When my best friend wasn't working (which was all the time) , she'd come to the island to hang. I was short of being 21 by a few days, and I honestly couldn't wait. Being 21 meant I could move freely, my moms felt once I was old enough, I was ready to see the world. "There's things that we can't teach you that the world can, and there's going to come a time where we won't be by your side." Nat use to always say that when she watched me train. The way we lived, was secretive, I didn't grow up on social media. I had my own private doctor, and the finest tutors.

I leaned back on my bed and sighed. "Alexa play jhené Aiko." The sultry music filled my room as I pulled my canvas to the middle of my floor. I pulled my curtains back exposing the sunrise reflecting over the ocean. I mixed pink, yellows, and oranges as I began to paint. There was a tap on my door and my eyes drifted to my mother. I half smiled as I saw the older reflection of me. "GoodMorning queen." She said, her curls wild, down in her face. "GoodMorning creator."
"I have to go into town today, I need certain ingredients for dinner tonight." She walked into my room and eyed the beginning of my painting. "Ace, Jade and the rest of the gang is coming today."
"Can I invite steph?" My eyes lit up.
"Yes, the boat comes in at 1, she can meet us in town to catch a ride back."
"Gotcha!" I said as I looked out at the ocean. "Be ready by noon."
"As you wish creator." I smiled because I knew my mom hated when I called her that. I waited until she closed the door to focus back on my painting.  I sung, sounding just as good as Jhene Aiko. Once I was tired of painting I stripped down to my slim thick frame, throwing my clothes in the dirty hamper, i prepared myself to shower. I stepped outside, taking in the scent of the ocean and the beautiful sight of colorful flowers and tall mountains in the distance. I felt the goosebumps rise on my skin as the hot water trickled down my body. The soft touch of Dove caressed my skin and I watched as the soap floated down the drain. I co washed my hair then stepped out the shower.
I found my phone on my bed and sailed my best-friend's number. I smiled into the phone as her face appeared on the screen. I met Stephanie 6 years ago in town, and although I didn't know how to make friends, she seemed to find liking to me. My moms said steph and I were both weird, that's why we liked each other so much. Of course my moms did research on her and where she came from before they agreed to let her start coming to the island. If it wasn't for her job me and steph would probably be inseparable. "Lunnnnnnnaaa babyyy!" Her smile was wide, showing her dimples. My heart fluttered as I returned the smile. "Hey papi."
"Guess what I did." She said smirking into the screen. "Awe shit, what did you do now steph?"
"Quit my job... that shit was for the birds, my boss had me fucked up!"
"Didn't you need that job...because of your probation?" I slipped into black leggings, a black crop top, and black boots. I pulled my curly hair back into a sleek bun and pulled a black fitted cap over my head.
"Mannn I'm about to open a tattoo shop!" She stuck her tongue out at me and I laughed.
"So..you coming over today ? I'll be in town soon you can catch a ride back with me."
"Just let me know when your in town and I'll be ready..I'm bout to smoke I'll see you later nigga, love you!"
"I love you too!" I ended the call and tucked my phone in my bra.
"Uhhh uhhh feds shit!" I danced down the hall as I sung Up All Of A Sudden by Lil Baby. I was excited to see my best friend, but extra excited to see all of my extended family that was soon to arrive. Once I found the kitchen, I poured myself a cold glass of orange juice and ate some fruit. "GoodMorning beautiful." I smiled at Nat as she poured water into a glass. "GoodMorning mom, are you coming into town with us?"
"No..I'll be here waiting for everyone , that's why I told mom to take you." I nodded.
"Steph is coming back with us," I peeked over my glass of orange juice.
"Yes I know , G told me."
"Listen..I need you to be focused baby girl, I know how you get when Stephanie is around, and I get it, your bored here by yourself-"
"Mom I know..I know..I have to be alert at all times." I sat the glass down as I stared at my mom.
"Why do we live like this?"
"Like what?...oh you mean safe?" She folded her arms and eyed me. I always questioned the way we lived. I wanted to experience life that I'd seen on the tv growing up. The college life, high school , I mean a social life would have been nice. I only knew steph, my parents and my "family". I could tell this topic was always unwanted in conversation, but it wasn't like my parents ever told me anything, no matter how much I asked. The sound of my mothers Balenciaga boots echoed throughout the halls and moments later she appeared in the kitchen. "You ready to go? I'm ready to go." She said smiling showing her perfect white teeth. "Sure let's go." I stood and placed my glass in the sink. I followed my moms down the hallway and took the elevator to the room. "I think I want these ones today." I opened the case exposing guns and ammo. This was my favorite gun. My pink custom made glock 45 9mm. I placed the pistol at the side of my hip and grabbed to extra mags. I placed one in my boot and the other I clipped to the inside of my top. Nat touched the side of my face as she looked into my eyes.
"Remember..focus, and I love you."
"I love you too, I got this," I smiled at her serious face. I climbed the stairs to the roof as I ducked and ran to the helicopter. My eyes drifted across the ocean as we inched closer to civilization .

Luna: just leaving the island..reaching shore in 10 🤟🏽💯
Best: leaving home now, where should I come to you?
Luna: downtown...grocery store 👀
Best: ok bihhhhhhh
I smiled at the thought of seeing my best friend, it felt like forever. The helicopter landed and we were escorted to a tinted car that was waiting for us. "I was going to wait until your birthday to give you this but I think now is a perfect time." My mom smiled as she held out a small pink box. "Happy early birthday baby!"