Chapter 13: water thicker than blood

*Brit in media*

"That can't be her house..two FBI agents kilt there!..nah that..I.." I was pacing Brit's floor as I dialed Nat's number again. "She's not answering!" I screamed. My emotions was high, I mean they didn't say any other bodies were found but I was still scared. Where was she? I searched for Khai's number in my phone. "Hello? ..Gigi?" She spoke in the phone, her voice shaky. "Gigi? ..where are you ?" I could hear how scared she was, something wasn't right, my mind kept telling me Nat was hurt. "Baby? ..where are you?" I felt tears pour from my eyes as Nat's voice came through the phone. "Baby what's going on? I saw the news..your ok?"
"I can't explain over the phone, I need to know where you are so I can come and get you." She said. Her voice was low, urgent. "Daddy, I'm...with Brit...we're at her house." The line went silent, but I could hear her breathing. "Stay where you are." She said before the line disconnected. "Is everything ok G?" I spun around to see her standing there. "I...don't think so." There was a knock at the door and I looked at Brit. "You expecting company?"

*Nat's POV*

I peaked over the sofa to see if it was safe. Agent Wikki was laying a few feet away from her partner. Seeing the bullet hole in their head told me that a sniper was in the area. I stood up a few minutes later, If it was my time to die, I would've been dead already. I was in clear view of the sniper, yet he or she took out both the agents. "Bro we gotta go like now." Jade stood and stared at the bodies.  "I have to find Giovanni." I said running up to my room. I packed a small bag, I wasn't sure where I was going but I knew that I had to be far away from here. My father was making sure that I didn't talk, or was he warning me ? I sat on my bed and layed back. I could smell Giovanni, and I was missing the fuck out of her. More importantly I still didn't know where she was and her phone kept going to voicemail. I felt tears on my cheek. Just when my life was getting better, here came the bullshit. I loved my girl, and I knew that if I was given the opportunity, I'd love the child growing inside her. I kicked the duffel bag that sat at my foot. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Unknown. "Who's this?"
"You would betray your family so easily?"
"Fuck you!" I screamed into the phone.
"I will take everything close to you!...you think you can just ruin generations of business? You think you can ruin me? Me? I'm going to take your friends.. then I'm going to take that curly headed goddess, and the seed that's in her."
"When I kill you..I'm going to make sure you feel every inch of pain..this shit is personal."
"I am God, you can't get close to me unless I allow you too! Kill me? Ha!" His laugh sickened me. This man was a monster and I hated him. My stomach tightened as he mention Giovanni. I looked down at the phone before throwing it against the wall and I watched as it shattered. My anger..only way We'd be safe is if he was dead.
I grabbed the keys to my truck and ran downstairs. I moved the sofas and opened both safes that was in my living room floor. "Grab as much as you can!" I didn't know how long it would take to find Giovanni but once I did, we were leaving the states. "We gotta problem." I swung the bag over my shoulder and grabbed two Glock 19s. "He knows about Giovanni...and he knows that she's pregnant." I was looking down at the floor. My father was a scary man, he wasn't the type of man you'd want to cross..ever. "She's fucking pregnant?" I expected Katora to speak her mind but it was Khai who spoke up. "Yea...we just found out..he said he was going to take her from me and kill her baby."
"Oh shit!" Jade said. "I left Giovanni at the hospital and now she's missing."
"...you think he has her?" Katora touched my shoulder.
"Hello?..Gigi?" My eyes wandered to Khai, and her eyes watered as she looked at me. I was standing in front of her, hoping that those tears meant she was ok and that he didn't have her. "Gigi..where are you?" I took the phone from her ears. "Baby..where are you?" I asked speaking into to the phone. "Baby I saw the news..your ok?" I could hear the tears falling from her eyes. What did she mean she saw the news though? "I can't explain over the phone, I need to know where you are so I can come get you."
"Daddy, I'm...at Brit's house." She said into the phone. Why the fuck was she there? Either way, she was safe ..for now. "Stay where you are."I said into the phone.
"Let's go!" Ace, Jade, Khai, Katora, and I made our way to the front door. I sped off down the long driveway towards the city.

*Giovanni's POV*
I stood on my tip toes as I peaked through the peep hole on the door. I sighed as Annalise face appeared on the other side. "It's Annalise." I said walking away from the door. "Why you didn't answer it?" She asked. "Not my house." I shrugged and sat back on the couch. She plucked my forehead and went to open the door. "Wassup AnnaBanana?" She said opening the door. "Girl stop calling me that!" Annalise hugged Brit as she stepped inside. "If you weren't so damn crazy I wouldn't call you that." Brit closed the door and sat next to me. "Wassup girl!" Annalise kissed my cheek and sat on the other side of me. "Wassup baby?" We sat and chatted, Annalise was planing another party, that I didn't plan on attending this time around. I flicked through the channels as I listened to them discuss ideas for the party. There was a knock on the door and I ran to it, eager to see my heart on the other side of the door. I opened the door with tears falling on my chest, she smiled and wiped my tears. "Baby.." I whispered into the crook of her neck, getting a taste of her scent. I missed this..I missed her. "I thought this wasn't your house." Brit said behind me. I chuckled and looked at her. Her beautiful smile exposing itself, complimenting the blonde dreads that hung down her back. "We can't stay here..we gotta go." Nat said pulling me out the door. "Wait! I gotta get my phone." I said pulling back. "G I'll buy you any phone you want, we gotta go..now!" I could tell she was scared about something. The man in my room had something to do with her. "Ok ..let's go." I hugged Nat and waved to Annalise. "Aye...I appreciate you keeping her safe for me.." I heard Nat say to Brit. She caught up to me and held my hand as we walked to her truck. I climbed in the front seat of her truck, I was surprised to see everyone in the back. I looked at Nat with a confused expression. "I can't explain right now, but we all gotta get far away from here." She said holding back tears. How far was she talking? I couldn't leave my momma. "How far Nat?...what did you do!"
"I..." Nat paused. "My father ...he's...he did som-"
"Nat's father was into some deep shit, sex slaves, drugs, weapons...all that, Nat told the FBI and now he wants to kill all of us." Jade spoke up for Nat, who was having a hard time speaking for herself. I'd never seen her like this.
"So you basically snitched on El Chapo?" I said looking at her.
"My father is bigger than El Chapo..."
"So the man in my hospital room was sent to kill me? Why didn't he-"
"There was someone in your hospital room?" Katora asked. "He was sitting in the dark..before he left he pointed two fingers at me and pulled the trigger .. like a warning or something..but now I know." I felt tears form in my eyes as I touched my stomach. I was never going to know my child. What did I get myself into? "I'm going to protect you..I promise." Nat held my hand in hers as she drove away. I didn't know where we were heading but I was tired. I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes. "So your pregnant?" My eyes opened  and connected with Khai's. "Khai...I just found out myself.."
"Is it a boy or girl?" She asked folding her arms. "I don't know yet." I leaned my head back onto the window. I would love to have a son..
"I have to stop by the lake house." Nat interrupted my thoughts, I looked over at her beautiful face. "I have to get something." She never took her eyes off the road as she spoke. My life was in danger because I fell in love with you.