Chapter 14: Just A Dream

We were at the lake house already. We sat in the living room while Nat got whatever it was that she came here to get. "If its a boy..which I know it is, what are you going to name him?" Katora sat on Jade's lap and played in her long hair. "Babe what makes you think it's a boy? How can you even tell yet?" Jade asked. "Well I mean..look how much she's glowing! Girls make you ugly." She said. We all laughed, I didn't know if that was true or not but I've heard similar conspiracies. "Gigi just naturally pretty though." Khai said. She was cuddled up under me rubbing my stomach. I wasn't even showing yet, what exactly was she rubbing ? "So do you have symptoms?" Ace asked me. "I ..don't ..or at least I never really paid attention to it..like I still get my period."
"...how?" Katora raised her eyebrow at me. "I don't know..but the baby is very healthy..I guess it happens sometimes."
"Katora...why did you hate me in the beginning." Katora laughed at me. "Sis I didn't hate you, after Annalise...I was just tired of bitches hurting my bro." She shrugged. "Nat dated Annalise?" I asked. "Not dated.. they were engaged." She said. "She did some grimy shit to Nat, just had to make sure you had good intentions."
"Every girl ain't the same though." Ace said. "Can't judge everybody the same."
"I mean that sounds good, but every bitch is always looking for a come up..say I'm wrong" katora said. "I don't need Nat's money, I do pretty well for myself." I said. "I'm with Nat because I love her." I love her.
"Ardd let's go." Nat said coming into the room. She held a portrait in her hand. "What's that?" I asked her. "It's you." She said smiling. She turnt the portrait around and exposed a beautiful drawing of me. My hair was wild around my face, I was in awe. "That's beautiful baby." I smiled. "I want to hang it in our new home."
"Bro our lives are in danger and you stopped to get a picture?" Jade said as she opened the door to the lake house. My eyes grew wide as a bullet pierced Jade's temple. I watched as her body dropped to the floor. I could see katora screaming but my ears rung from the sound of the gun shot. Ace stood in front of Khai as a semi automatic ripped through the both of them. Tears filled my eyes as men entered the home. "This is a pretty one." A tall muscular man with dark curly hair stood in front of katora. I could tell he was older, but he was handsome. He touched her cheek before gripping her hair. "Give me her head!" He said pushing her to the floor. "Nooo!" Nat's voice filled the room. I assumed what was Nat's father, turned and smirked at her, he then looked at me. "Ahhh your Giovanni right?...the pregnant girlfriend." He said inching towards me. "You're gonna have to get through me first bitch!" He laughed. "Unlike you..shit never had to be personal...just business." He said, and before another word could be spoken, he threw a knife that hit Nat between her eyes causing her head to jolt backwards. Nat's body landed on me causing us to fall to the floor. "Nooooooo!" I screamed out as my fingers touched her body. "No..no..no..please no!" My body shook as the love of my life laid lifeless. "Nat!" I sobbed into her chest, this feeling was so unreal. "Please Nat..don't leave me." She was already gone. I felt arms wrap around my body as I was being dragged away from her. "No!..no! Let me go!" I screamed and fought to get back to her side, but no matter how hard I fought, they were stronger.
"Now..I'd hate for a beautiful woman like yourself to go to waste ..you'd be a great addition to my business. You can choose." He said kneeling down in front of me. My vision was so blurry, but my eyes were on Nat's body, his daughter. He gripped my face in his hands forcing me to look at him. "Now of course we'd have to get rid of that thing inside you." He said grinning. "Fuck you!" I said as I spat in his face. His hand connected to my face and I swear I never felt so much pain in my life. My body fell over and I just laid there. I listened to his footsteps as he stepped over me. "Make it slow..for her." He said. Pain shot through my chest as a bullet entered. I laid on the floor staring at my bloody palms. My breathing became unsteady as I begin to cough up blood. I was fighting to breathe, but I was dying. My baby was dying.
.
.
.
.
I shot up in bed holding my chest as I did many early mornings . My breathing was unsteady as I clinched my chest, It's been 20 years since Nat's dad was murdered. The cool air from the island creeped into my bedroom. It had to be around 6 which meant it was almost time for my training. We'd gotten many threats over the years so Nat thought it was best if we trained, and when I say we, I mean me and my daughter. Yes I had a girl and she was just as much of a headache as this training was. I sighed as I tried to make sense of this repeated dream. I looked over at Nat who was staring at me. "Ok creepy much babe?" I said smiling. "You had the dream again...you always wake me when you do." She cuddled up to me and kissed my naked body. " I don't know why I keep having this dream." I said climbing on top of her. "Maybe it's telling me something."
"We're safe on this private island, he's been dead for 20 years..I can't tell you how to heal but it's important that you do." Nat said playing in my short hair. " so why do we train?" I asked.
"Because it's wise to be ready, whether there's danger or not...I need you to be able to protect my daughter when I'm not around."
"So why not get a body guard?" I looked into her eyes. "Because your much sexier with a gun." I chuckled and kissed on her breast. The sounds of the waves echoed around us. We lived away from everyone , surrounded by the ocean and trees. Occasionally we traveled to land for food and shopping. Life wasn't fully normal, but it was peaceful. We learned to let Luna travel from time to time on her own, she grew up anonymously, no schools or doctors. She had friends but even that was slim. "Baby?" Nat said rubbing on my ass. "Yea daddy?"
"You gone put that thang on me or you gone tease me?" She said into my ear. "All you gotta do is tell me you want it." I said moaning into her ear.
"How bout I just show you." She flipped me on my back and slid in between my thighs. "Mmmm I have training in a few."
"I'm sure you won't mind a pre workout." Her tongue brushed against my clit as my body shook.