2 - Held back

So, yeah... That's where I'm at, right now. But really what am I even supposed to do with that!? It has been missing for approximately 1000 years and now, it's here in front of me...

Wait! When I really think about it, the prophecy said that the hero who would save the kingdom would be armed with this sword... And here I have it... This could only mean one thing! I need to find the person worthy of this sword who will become the hero! But where could I find him? I think the capital would be a good place to start searching.

But I can't just leave, can I? That would be way too sudden and honestly wouldn't make that great of a story... And to that I say: I don't care. But it's not like I have anything holding me back...

You might've been wondering why I didn't meet anybody in the village I live in. The reason is, my village got attacked by the Demon Lord's army 3 years ago. All the villagers, including my parents and siblings, were killed by them. I couldn't even do anything.

That day was the worst day of my life and is the origin as to why I've been training for so long. I want to be stronger than I was on that day. Also, if I become a royal knight, I'll be able to protect my kingdom, which is something I wasn't able to do before.

This story was not at all made up on the spot as a plot to hide bad writing...

How trying to sell a legendary hero's sword led me to battle the Demon Lordजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें