Duskeverisle hero finding attempt #3: Operation overdone

It was getting a bit late, but the king, unexpectedly, was playing ping pong with his unbeaten opponent. He didn't even want to start the game as he knew that, like his two last games, it would be interrupted at the worst possible time. The king then had an idea. He would close the door, lock it and then start the game. There seemed to be no flaw in this plan, so he executed it.

Peace. It was all he wanted. Well... that and to be able to win a game of ping pong against his opponent. He was sure to win. He had prepared himself for the moment and he had analyzed every move his opponent would make in any situation. Just as he was about to start the game, he put on some earplugs, just to be sure nothing could distract him from his sure victory. Ready, he said:

"Alright! Here We go! I'll beat you this time!"

He threw the ball in the air and hit it as hard as he could right away. His opponent countered the shot and hit it back at him. He was ready. He knew what to do to win. He hit the ball again. And his opponent did. And he did. And then his opponent did. And again. And again. And again. And again, but then, the king readied himself. The ball was coming towards him. He was about to finally shoot the best shot of his life. Without any interruptions. Or so he thought...

As he was about to hit the ball, a bright light blinded him coming from outside. Again, the noise of the ping pong ball bouncing up and down on the floor resounded and the king, filled with so many emotions, like grief, despair, but principally anger, had to sit down. It was then that sadness started to overwhelm him.

Before tears even had the chance to fall down his cheeks, he regained control of himself and his overflowing emotions. He then looked outside to see what could have caused the light which cost him his first win ever. At first, he thought it was the sun, but then he saw someone outside his window. It was his assistant. He used light magic to get the king's attention. It had worked. The king regretted not blocking the windows...

The king was furious, but he didn't manage to say a word, for he just didn't know what to start with. First, he calmed down, then, he pulled out his earplugs, and then, he let his assistant in. He started:

"Yes? What is the matter?"

"My King! I thought of a new plan to find the hero!"

"And what could it be?"

"Well... The thing is... It would be... 'It'..."

"Oh no... Not 'It'..."

"I'm sorry, my King... But it's our last resort..."

"We understand... Let's do it..."

"Understood, my King! I'll tell the head mages to prepare themselves..."

"Please do... Also..."

"Yes?"

"Remind me to kill you when I see you again."

"Y-Yes I will..."

———————————

Hi! My name is Felix and I'm 19 years old. I live in Canada and am living the life of a shut-in. I'm not ashamed to be a shut-in, I'd even go as far as to say that I'm proud to be one. I'm a gamer through and through. That's all I do, play video games. Before, I was more active, but since my mother died 5 years ago, I haven't gone outside to play or socialize in any way with anyone. You could say I'm not a social person. I'm actually pretty awkward around people. They usually find me weird and if they don't, I find them weird.

I'm paranoiac. What I mean by this is that I get scared by everything and imagine stuff around me. For instance, imagining the worst scenarios out of everything that could happen, even in the slightest of chances. Even though I know nothing like what I think can happen can actually happen for real, I still take it into account and think of it as a fact. I also imagine, for example, people following me, monsters in the dark and the list continues... In brief, I'm a mess...

One day, I went to get myself a new game that came out. Immediately when I arrived home after getting it, I started playing. I didn't even wait a second. That day, I played that game for hours and hours without stopping except to eat and to go to the bathroom. Suddenly, because I played too much, I realized I was already nearing the end of the game I bought. It's weird, that feeling you get when you're at this point. At the same time, you're anxious to see how the game ends, but at the same time you're sad it's done...

As I was thinking that, a weird circle with weird symbols in the middle appeared under my feet. The circle was glowing a blue light. I didn't even have time to stand up that it was too late. I was transported away from my room and into this weird place. At first, I thought that I had played too many video games and was asleep, but then, I hit the cold, hard ground and realized that this maybe wasn't actually a dream... How else could I feel its coldness otherwise?

———————————

The 317 896th entity in history to be summoned was here! Out of those 317 895 prior entities, 14 were humans. Today's is the 15th. Everyone in the room was excited. It had been hard to summon someone from another world. Everyone was exhausted.

The summoned hero seemed confused so the king stepped forwards to explain the situation to him the best he could.

"Hello, brave hero!"

"Oh hell no! I won't be part of this isekai bullshit!"

"What?"

"I said, no! No, no, no! Not this!"

"Umm..."

"This shit is too overdone! I won't be part of this crap!"

"But...."

"Oh! And now you'll tell me that there's a Demon Lord trying to invade your kingdom and you need my help... Right!? Because I'm your only chance!"

"How did you..."

"Ha! I knew it! And don't you fucking dare tell me that you don't know how to bring me back home of some shit like that!"

"I... don't know..."

"Then fuck you! How am I supposed to play video games, now!?"

"I-If you want, there are video games here as well..."

"Oh... OK then! It's fine."

The summoned hero then left. He would soon be considered the best video game maker and player, would become successful and will obviously have a harem with at least 30 women.

Fin

—Duskeverisle hero finding attempt #3: Operation overdone - Failed

It was later that the king saw Selph winning against Dug, and in his desperation, made him the hero. The king's assistant, who interrupted 3 too many ping pong games, was executed on the spot. Now that that's done, let's continue with the usual story.