15 - The farm

Well... I... After wandering for maybe an hour, I managed to find something... But that's not at all the Demon Lord's castle... I tried following the map the king told me about on that phone-thing. That wasn't a problem, but I don't actually know how to use a map... So... instead of ending up where I wanted to be, I'm at some weird farm, now...

I can maybe ask directions to the people who live here. Though, I don't see anyone, but the place seems inhabited. I start walking towards what seems like the main building. It's kind of run-down, but still holds together, kinda... I can hear noise from inside, but I'm afraid to open the door as I feel like it'd break from the hit, so I try to get the attention of the person who's inside by screaming:

"Hello!? Is anyone in there!? Could you help me!? I need to ask for directions!"

Suddenly, the noise inside stops. After that, I hear steps coming my way. Then, the sound of something getting picked up. Then, no more noise. Silence... Until suddenly, three metal spikes pierce through the door and almost hit me in the stomach.

I hurriedly get away from the door and see a man with... Is that a pot on his head!? Wait! What's happening? Did I end up at a weirdo's house? What the hell is happening!? What he pierced the door with was a pitchfork! What the fuck!?

Suddenly, I look back at the place where I last saw the man, at the door, and he was gone. Where is he!? How did he just disappear!? Then, all of a sudden, I got a shiver down my spine. I turned around and saw the man, who was now holding a dagger and was about to slice me with it.

I didn't have time to dodge, so I put my arms in front of me to try and protect the rest of my body. I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see this. After a couple of seconds, I realized that I hadn't gotten hurt. I reopened my eyes only to see the man lying on the ground, badly hurt. He had a large cut on his hip. Then, I remembered... He hit my shield and only did damage to himself.

I kind of felt bad... I pretty much intruded his property and then hurt him... I should do something to apologize...

"Umm... I'm sor—..."

"You can stop trying to deceive me, Demon!"

"What!?"

"Even though you've changed your appearance, I can tell! Ha! And you thought I wouldn't realize it!?"

"I'm human, though! I just wanted to ask for directions!"

"Stop acting now, Demon! You won't get me with your tricks! Ouch! My hip..."

"You're hurt! Let me help you!"

"Never! I will never let a demon touch me while I'm vulnerable! Just kill me!"

"No! And I'm human! I come from the capital!"

"Ha! You can't get me with this obvious lie! Why would someone from the capital come here!?"

"I'm going to the Demon Lord's castle! I'm the he—..."

"See!? I knew it! Demon!"

"I'm the hero!"

"..."

"Now you understand!?"

"... The hero?"

"Yes! Now, will you let me help you?"

"The hero, huh? Ha! You can't trick me, Demon! The hero has been missing for 1000 years, so that's not possible!"

"Not this one! The new hero!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"OK! Then where's the Legendary Hero's Holy Sword!? It's been missing for the same time as the hero! Ha! Got you there! Demon!"

I casually take the holy sword out of its scabbard. It's a real one, this time. Not just one made out of cloth...

The man just looks with awe as he sees the sword. I think he tried to say something, but he passed out before he could do so. I took him inside of his house and put him on the couch. His cut was pretty deep. I don't know how to correctly heal him. Then, I remember the potion the king gave me. I didn't want to use it so quick, but what else could I do!

I gave him a sip of the potion. Magically, his hip started to heal really fast. Then, after not even 2 minutes, he was healed completely. There wasn't even a scar!

Suddenly, the man woke up. Though he was confused at first, he immediately came back to his earlier attitude and said:

"You used your demon magic on me, you Demon!"

"No! It's a potion! And I'm not a demon!"

"You can keep saying that, but I'm sure that your potion is one of those demon potions!"

"No! The king gave it to me!"

"The Demon Lord!? Even worse than I thought!"

"No! The king of Duskeverisle!"

"Stop lying!"

"I am not!"

"Yes you are!"

"No! I am not a demon!"

"Then how do you explain the obviously expensive... armor... the... high grade potion... the... powerful equipment... the holy sword..."

He stopped. He seemed hesitant...

"You see? I'm—..."

"The Demon Lord!?"

"No! I'm the hero!"

"OK... Yeah... I guess that explains it as well... So... what are you doing here?"

"I'm going to the Demon Lord's castle to beat the Demon Lord and save the kingdom of Duskeverisle from his forces of darkness"

"Oh! OK! Then, can I come with you?"

"What!?"

"I know the way there!"

"Oh... But—"

"You didn't think you'd be able to beat the Demon Lord all by yourself, did you?"

Touché.

"OK then! You can come! By the way, what's your name?"

"Andrew."

"What a weird name..."

"Yeah... My parents were pretty original..."

"Yeah... Anyways, my name is Selph! Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too!"

"So! Now that we know each other, let's go, Andrew!"

"Yeah! But..."

"What?"

"I think you went the wrong way to the Demon Lord's castle... Because it's the complete other way from the kingdom..."

"Oh..."

––––––––––––

A/N: A special thank you to @Cool05guy2000 for being to one who created Andrew the pot man.