23 - Meeting again!?

"You're finally here, Selph!"

"You!"

"Yes! It's me!"

"Who are you!?"

"What!? You seriously don't remember!?"

"No..."

"Are you serious!? I think I was a pretty big part of the story..."

"Are you the Demon Lord?"

"No! I'm the peddler you met in chapter one! You idiot!"

"Oh! Now I remember!"

"Yes! There we go! That took you long enough!"

"Anyways... What are you doing here?"

"Haha! Yes! I was about to tell you that! I'm actually the–"

"You're the Demon Lord! I knew it!"

"W-What?"

"We've come to defeat you! Prepare yourself!"

"Wait! No! I'm not the Demon Lord!"

"Then how do you explain the fact that you're in the Demon Lord's castle!?"

"Well... It's a long sto–"

"I knew it! It's time for you to meet your end!"

"Wait! Listen! I'm not the Demon Lord! What I wanted to tell you is that I am actually the hero!"

"What!?"

"Yeah! You know... The one that sealed the Demon Lord 1000 years ago then disappeared?"

"Oh... That one..."

"Yeah! You understand, now!?"

"No."

"God damn it! Just... Understand this! I a–ouch!!!"

Andrew had sneaked on him and stabbed him through the chest while he was distracted. Way to go, Andrew!

"Take that! You filthy demon!" Said Andrew.

"Ouch! That really hurt! Wait... Is that a pitchfork!?"

"That's what you get for being a demon!"

"Can you just please take that pitchfork out?"

"Wait! How are you not dead!?" I asked.

"Well... I can't die except from being stabbed by the holy sword because of a curse!"

"So you're the Demon Lord!"

"No, I'm not! Can you please just listen!?"

"Ok then, but if you're not the Demon Lord, then where is he!?"

"Oh! He's right there! Let me call him. Dede!? Can you please come here?"

"OK! I'm coming!" A voice echoed back.

Then, a man entered the room. He was huge, honestly... I assume that he was about 6'8. He had horns coming out of his head and a tail. So that was the Demon Lord... His very presence was intimidating. Probably as much as the king was.

Andrew, Dug and I prepared ourselves. This was the last boss, right in front of us. It was our only chance to end his reign of terror. I took out the legendary hero's holy sword, Andrew got into position with a pitchfork in his hands, and we forgot to give Dug a weapon, so he was just standing there... Just when we were about to attack, the Demon Lord spoke:

"Woah! Woah! Stop! OK! I give up! No need to take out your weapons! And is that a pitchfork?"

"What!?" I screamed in surprise. "You're giving up just like that!?"

"Well, yeah... It's not like I was planning on fighting you... So... Can you please not kill me?"

"Seriously!? Are demons all wimps for real!?"

"Actually... Yes... We demons weren't made for fighting... We're normally a really peaceful bunch."

"Then why are you invading the kingdom!?"

"We are not!"

"What!? That's impossible!"

"Actually, it is possible!" The hero said. "And we can explain to you in detail how it is."