Chapter 9: Consequences

"What?!" Daniel and Ralph say in unison. "They said she was in bad condition because of the smoke." Julian mutters. "All because of m-me!" Ralph hugs Julian. "Okay, dude chill out. It's all going to be alright." Julian cries, continuing even after Ralph and Daniel left the house.

Red arrives at Kyrie's house only to see a familiar car drive out of the burnt house area. "I think that's Ralph's car," Red says as he wonders from the sidewalk. He then Walks up to Kyrie's door, and knocks. Knock knock knock knock The door opens. Kyrie smiles. "Hey Red, what are you doing here?" Red smiles at her. "Are your parents here?" "Um, not at the moment, but Gabby is here to babysit in the meantime. Come in!" Red walks in to Kyrie's house, and Kyrie says to Gabby on the living room floor, "hey Gabby, my friend came over for a quick visit. I'll be in my room, okay?" "Sure! Nice to see you red! I'll just be here playing with Kian," Kyrie and Red make their way to Kyrie's room. "Like I asked," Kyrie smiles. "What are you doing here? It's like 8 p.m. Already." Red smiles. I'm here because I have a confession to make. Red takes her hand. "Kyrie, I like you." Kyrie begins to blush. "We have been friends for years, I just want us to be more than just 'friends'. Kyrie, will you go out with me?"

Kate arrives back at her house. She goes up to her room, and sees an empty room. "Mom! Where's Gabby!?" She yells to her mom downstairs. "She's babysitting at Kyrie's place. Why?" "Nothing!" Kate goes on her phone and texts gabby.
Hey sis, guess what?
What?
I confronted Braden. I think he's scared now.
Good job. But I don't think he will back away from Ralph. It's not that easy for a guy.
Yeah, now I just can't wait to see Ralph! It's been a day!
Now Kate, don't be too clingy.
You're right.
Are you home alone?
No, mom is here cooking.
Oh okay.
How long are you going to be sitting at Kyrie's?
Not for long. They said they will be back at 8:30.
How is she by the way? Is she with you?
She's doing fine. Red came over, so they're probably hanging out in Kyrie's room.
Then what are you doing?
Playing with Kian.
I see.
I'll talk to you later, I need to be paying attention to Kian. See you at home.
Okay

"So what will it be Kyrie? Wanna make it official?" Red asks with a smirk on his face. Kyrie nods her head. "Yes, Red. Of course." The two get up, Red grabs Kyrie's shoulders, and he hugs her. "I don't know why I didn't see anything in you much sooner." Red smiled. He let go. "I have to go. I snuck out of home to see you." He grabbed her hand. "I'll see you tomorrow," "okay," Kyrie says. The two walk out of Kyrie's room, Red turns toward the front door, and leaves. As soon as he leaves, Kyrie begins to cheer, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Suck on that, Annie!" Kyrie walks dreamily to the living room, meeting up with Gabby and Kian. She sits down. "Gabby, the best thing has happened to me today." Gabby looks up. "What's that?" "Me and Red are dating now!!!" Gabby sighs. "Young love. I will never understand it. But congrats!" Kyrie nods. "Today was a great day. And it's only been two weeks after summer break started." "Yeah, but I hope your relationship will last long like me and Troy. Take it from me. "Don't let Red make the same mistake Randall made me."

Daniel and Ralph return to Daniels house, ready for another relaxing night. "Wanna watch a movie or something before we hit the hay?" Daniel asks. "Sure." Ralph says in reply. "I'll pick the movie." The two get out of the car, and enter the house. They see Randall, Ralph's Brother on the couch on his phone. "Hey bro." Ralph calls "sup Ralph, sup Daniel." He answers. "Where have y'all been?" "We were just visiting a few houses and we ate at a mall." Ralph says. "Nothing much." "Let's watch a movie!" Daniel says to Randall. "Aight. What are we watching?" Ralph grabs the tv remote and begins to scroll through Netflix. "How about infinity war?" Ralph suggests. "Sure." Randall and Daniel say. Ralph begins the movie.

Kate scrolls on her phone in bed and looks at the shining moon reflecting upon her window. Her mom calls from a distance, "Honey! I'll be out for a quick second, I need to pop in the grocery store and grab something."okay mom! See you later!" Kate hears the front door close, and continues to scroll on her phone. She begins to text Daniel.
Hey Daniel what's up?
Nothing much, just watching a movie,
Is Ralph with you?
Yep, and Randall.
Ew, Randall.
Come on, you know that Randall did no wrong.
Yeah, but he's still a suspicious person.
How's Braden?
He's doing good. I heard he threatened Ralph.
He did. I told your sister because I thought you wouldn't believe me.
I believe you.
Yeah, well I gtg now, the movie is getting to its good part
Oh ok, I'll see you.
Bye
Kate puts her phone down and begins to write in her journal. She has been writing in her journal for about two years now, and continues to write in it to relieve stress and clear her mind.
This is the 2nd day that Ralph has spent here in Texas. I don't really know what to think now that Braden is suspicious of him. He threatened Ralph not to see me for the entire summer, and pleads me to stop seeing Ralph as well. Even though I hate the idea of not seeing my childhood friend for the entire summer, I don't want to make my boyfriend ups-
Kate stops writing. She smells something. The smell of smoke. She opens the door, and peers down the overhead balcony only to see a huge fire in the living room. "Shit." She attempts to go down the stairs, only to notice the stairs are on fire as well. She calls Daniel.
Hey Kate, what's wrong? I'm in the middle of a-
"DANIEL, TELL RALPH AND RANDALL TO COME QUICK. I- IM TRAPPED IN A FIRE!"