Chapter 12: Trust

Kyrie begins to tear up, "what?!" Annie's sister yells "ya gonna start crying now, huh?" Red looks at Annie's sister, furious. "Why don't you take your damn sister inside the mall and leave us alone?" Annie's sister looks at Red, "You're the one to talk, dumbass! How dare you prefer this rag over my adorable little sister!" Red smirks "yeah, I should have made that decision sooner. Look, Kyrie's cute, she's hot, she's everything Annie's not. I looked her up on google just to find out she's a flaw. And your skinny head ass probably don't got no boyfriend so you just helping your sister out to make yo ass look tough. It's not working, so leave. Now." Annie's sisters face turns red, as Annie tugs the back of her jacket. Annie whispers. "Cmon sis, let's just go." Annie's sister glared at red. She inches closer to him and attempts to push, but red grabs both of her wrists and thrusts her back, knocking her and Annie behind her off balance. The two end up on the ground. "Better yet," red says, "why don't Kyrie and I leave you two at your peace?" Red helps Kyrie up from off of the ground, dripping in coffee, and takes off his sweater and hands it to her. "Dry yourself." Kyrie smiles, and Red looks at Annie and her sister one last time. "Don't come near me or Kyrie ever again."

          Randall and Gabby grab a table at Starbucks inside central square mall. "So how's life in Arizona?" Gabby asks. "Pretty lonely," Randall says. "Don't have as much friends there than I have here." Gabby nods. "Randall, it's been four years. Tell me the truth. Was Troy right? Did you really cheat on me?" Randall widens his eyes. "Gabby, no. Like I've told you plenty of times, I would never cheat on someone like you." Gabby nods. "But, Troy would never betray his best friend, you've known Troy for years!" Randall cuts her off. "But you knew me longer. You didn't listen to what I had to say when Troy told you that lie. I tried to tell you for months after we broke up. But when I left. It was too late. Way too late." Gabby looks at Randall's eyes with a guilty look. "So, the others WERE right. Troy IS an untrustworthy person. Why have I been so blind after all these years?" "You weren't blind, Gabby. You just didn't understand the meaning of trust."

          Kate arrives at Braden's house and knocks on his door. He opens it. "Hey, Braden." "Hi." "Can I come in?" Braden nods. Kate walks inside the house. "Can I talk to you about something?" Braden smiles. "Sure." Kate sits down on Braden's couch, and he sits right next to her. "So, Ralph, he was my childhood friend." Braden stays silent. "he has been there for me, for many, many, years before he left for Arizona." Braden looks at Kate and says. "I think I know what you're trying to say." Kate nods then looks at Braden, "I wanna break up. I hope you understand how my mind thinks right now. You are a great person, and I really like you. But Ralph gives me emotions that I have never felt with anyone. Felt with you. I hope you understand, and I'm sorry. I mean it." Kate gets up from the couch, and walks out of the door. Leaving Braden in tears.

          Ralph and Red finally arrive at central square mall to have a relaxed, hang out day. The two walk Inside, and walk around for a bit. "Wow," Red says. "This place is filled today!" Ralph looks around to see a mass of people walking in different directions, up and down, left and right. "Damn right. Where do you wanna go?" Red shrugs. "I don't know. Let's just walk around, or something." The two begin to circle the perimeter of the first floor of central square mall. But as they reach the jewelry store, Ralph says "hold up a second." And walks inside. Red shrugs, takes out his phone, and sits on a nearby bench. Ralph looks around for the ring Kate was eying about two days ago, and finally finds it at the back of the store, on display. But above that case, lies Braden,
          Braden catches Ralph's eye, and walks up to him. "What's up, Ralph? How's it going?" Ralph shrugs. Braden inches closer, "answer my question, kid. How. Is. It. Going?" Ralph says, "dude, what's your problem? Get outta my face." Braden gives Ralph a twisted smile. "You just had to swoop in and take my girl huh? Ya think that's cool of you, huh?" Ralph smirks. "Cmon, you can't be talking. I knew Kate for years, and you knew her for months. You probably took her out cuz you got rejected by another girl. Now stop being salty." Braden takes Ralph's jacket by the collar, and he drags him out of the jewelry store. Out in the open, he let's him go. "Shit, dude. What was that for?" Braden answers, "for taking away my happiness." He moves towards Ralph, and strikes him in the chest.
          Ralph thrusts back, "oh this is the shit ya wanted to do to me, huh? This is gonna be fun." Ralph smiles. He takes two steps, and strikes back in the face. Red gasps, and looks to see a small group forming around the fight in front of the jewelry store. Braden attempts to sidekick Ralph in the abdomen, but Ralph catches his kick and flips him over, ending up on the floor. Ralph notices the circle of people on their phones recording the fight, and turns around to tell them to stop. But what he didn't notice to see was Braden getting up. He clenches his fist, and strikes Ralph in the back of the head. The crowd of people gasp as Ralph falls to the floor. The pain in Ralph's head begins to flow around his body, hearing people calling his name. "Ralph!" "Ralph!" Braden smirks and whispers "how do you like that?" And walks away.