Mine

Florian can feel the distance between him and Zerina, his wife of two years. There is no reason why they should be this distant. They have been together since he was 23. The Trinidadian-German woman is beautiful with her curly mane of black hair that reaches her mid back and her pretty natural sun-kissed skin glows. Her eyes are black and piercing but they twinkle as if there are stars in them. Florian grabs his phone, having downtime for once on set, and calls her. She answers on the second ring, gracing him with her pretty face and she smiles.

"Meine Liebe."

"Königin."
(German: Queen)

"How are you?"

"I finally have a break. I miss you."

She smiles, eyes twinkling and Florian misses her so much at that moment.

"I miss you, too. When are you coming home?"

"I do not know. They say we should be finished soon but I feel like the American definition of "soon" is much different from the German definition."

Zerina chuckles as she cleans her face.

"How was work?"

Zerina is a popular Youtuber but don't let that fool you: Zerina studied at Georgetown University, earning a Bachelor's in International Politics and then went to American University for a masters in International Affairs: Global Governance, Politics, and Security. Zerina took those degrees and worked in Congress before going to the UN in the New York Location before being relocated to Vienna where she met Florian when he was there for a match. She was only 21 and he was 23. That's when he learned the woman he loved was a genius.

"Filmed two new videos."

"What was it on?"

"The Morphe foundation and a Q & A."

"Last time we talked you wanted to ask me something?"

"So, I was thinking about moving to New York."

"Really? Why?"

"Large fan base. More access to launches. America."

"They have Trump."

She laughs as she washes her face off.

"It's just a thought baby. I haven't put anything in stone."

"I don't want you to leave."

"Florian...nothing is in stone."

"I know but--"

"Florian stop."

Her eyes have lost their twinkle and she looks upset.

"Zerina I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's fine."

"Zerina!"

"I have to go. My mother is calling."

Florian bites his lip.

"Okay...I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Love you."

She kisses the screen before ending the call, leaving Florian to curse himself for fucking up.
🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊
Zerina looks at her mother as she enters the kitchen.

"What's wrong?"

"Florian. He's being...aggy again."

"Men."

She chuckles as she puts the plate before her.

"Maybe you should go visit him. He's been America for three months now and probably misses you a lot."