xvii. stubborn hearts & lunch

SUNSHINE peaked through dark clouds bring the world around israel and jae alive.

jae shuffled in bed, trying her best to not disturb israel as she awoke, the smell of sex and cherry scented perfume filled her nose as she refrained from grabbing israel by the neck and pulling her closer.

she stared at her beautiful girlfriend, with her hair pulled back though a few curls escaped cascading her face like a beautiful painting. The sun touched her skin her brown skin loving every minute of it.

jae smiled to herself, here she found peace. in israel she found comfort unmatched by anyone else, she found joy she never knew obtainable. she was so taken back by her girlfriend's beauty that her hand unconsciously drew near israel's face.

she thought if she could just touch her, just know that she was real and that israel wasn't a dream, life would be alright.

jae's hand grazed israel's face immediately the young girl woke up a smile instantly lighting up her face.

she grabbed jae's hand kissing it playfully then pulling jae closer towards her.

this time jae didn't complain about being the little spoon she embraced it loving the feeling of her girlfriend's presence.

"good morning cutie,"israel mumbled while running her hands through jae's hair.

jae smiled snuggling further into her girlfriend's embrace and snaking her hands around her waist.

"morning princess,"jae smiled nuzzling into israel's breast.

israel smiled softly kissing her girlfriends forehead before speaking once again "now don't get any ideas babe we have to get ready to go to your parents house since we're going to have lunch with them at 1,"israel explained wrapping her arms around her girlfriend nevertheless.

jae didn't quite ignore her, but she didn't respond— not wanting this magical moment to end fearful that it would never return.

israel knew this and instead of questioning jae she just laid with her enjoying their moment together a gentle smile grazing her face.

right here the world felt right. it felt like nothing could or would ever ruin their happiness.

"hello", israel smiles nervously as jae's parents stared back at her at their front door.

The pair said nothing at first jae's mother was the first one to respond "oh hello sweetheart. she's so beautiful jae"her mother smiled kindly patting her daughter on the shoulder.

jae chuckled lightly throwing her head down a moment to hide the huge grin on her face, she stole a quick glance at israel her heart lightening up as she saw her girlfriend smile at jae's mother.

"yeah she is,"jae spoke softly intertwining their hands.

jae's father said nothing only smiling softly before moving out of the way so the pair could come inside.

"please come inside,"he spoke softly. her father had never been a talkative man, and he did not agree with his daughter sexuality, but he loved her and would never let something that small separate him and his daughter.

"thank you sir,"israel smiled nodding her head before heading inside. they both took their shoes off at the front door as her father headed to the living  room and her mother continued to talk.

"I hope jaepoo hasn't been too annoying sweetheart, she can be a pain in the ass at times,"her mother joked bumping shoulders with jae.

israel laughed slowly starting to loosen up her tense body, "she's definitely been a handful, but nothing i can't handle," she responded.

her mother smiled laughing as well happy to see that israel was loosening up, "well i'm about to go finish lunch it should be ready in a few mintues. jae show her around," her mother said heading towards the kitchen.

"yes ma'am," jae replied softly grabbing israel's hand and pulling her closer once again.

"come on princess i'll show you my room," jae smiled placing a kiss on israel's cheek as he lead her upstairs.

jae's room was the furthest door down the quiet hallway, their surroundings enveloped the pair making israel lean a little closer towards jae.

her girlfriend shot her a quick smile and opened her room door noticing israel's continued nervousness.

"Wooah,"israel mumbled to herself jae's room was covered in drawing concepts for tattos, drawings of the world around her, and most importantly drawings of women all different shapes and colors all embracing their bodies in it's entirety.

jae chuckled softly "you like"she asked.

israel nodded her head like an excited child "yeah all these drawings are amazing, jae,"she mumbled still looking all around jae's room in astonishment.

jae smiled proud and happy her girlfriend enjoyed her room's design, she wrapped her arms around israel's waist as her girlfriend continued to enjoy the view.

for a split second, israel took a quick glance at her girlfriend smiling down at her and giving her a quick peck on her lips; before turning back around.

they both heard soft foot stepping heading towards jae's door so they both turned around expecting to see jae's mother, instead they were met with jae's father glaring at them both with a soft look on his face.

"i won't tell you how to live you life, 爱人," he paused sighing heavily and looking away from the pair for a second "and i know what she did was wrong, but jae if you don't care for you sister, but just-- please just listen to her, just really listen to what she has to say," he finished walking away quietly.

israel turned to jae and saw her girlfriend with an annoyed expression on her face and her jaw clinched.

"everyone's trying to make me out to be the fuckin' bad guy, like she didn't try to hurt my princess,"jae mumbled under her breath.

israel almost blushed at hearing jae call her "princess", but she suppressed those emotions so she could reason with jae.

"i don't think their trying to make you out to be the bad guy baby girl i think we all just want things to go back to how they were before,"israel spoke planting a gentle kiss on jae's cheek and tightening her grip on jae's waist.

jae sighed heavily "i know princess, but you're more important to me than trying to please someone like that," jae sighed kissing israel's neck.

uuuuh— so yeah ik imma shithead, but A LOT has been going on in my personal life since last year. i'm a college student know (YAAAY) aaand since i'll be home this semester i'll be updating a lot more and sometime next week i'll have an schedule for updating created because i missed you guys so much and i missed writing so much. once again i'm really really sorry guys and i'll be giving y'all a MUCH better update really soon this was jus a little filler chapter to move the story along. i love y'all so much and i'll see y'all soon! 🧡