xviii. punches & bloody kitchen floors

THE glass cup fell to the floor, and not a soul moved.

the air around them all stiffened, and silence consumed the area once the ringing sound of glass shattering left everyone's ears.

israel's face tightened in a fearful expression as she slowly turned to face her girlfriend already certain of what her expression would be.

a sharp unbearable pain rushed through her body, as a thick coat of blood began to forcefully flow from out of her mouth;  it still seemed as though everyone, but her was still frozen, while she stood there holding her stomach that was now slowly beginning to be covered in blood.

it had been as though time had stopped around them all, seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into a lifetime of pain. pain, she had never known, fear she had never known she was a freaking bunny rabbit caught in a wicked storm, shaking in pain--in terror as she felt as though her very being was being slowly ripped apart and there was nothing for her to do.

as the dust settled and what was done finally registered in everyone's ears time sped up alarmingly fast, jia's mother rushed to michelle throwing her to the ground and hitting her child repeatedly, and her father went to her side to try to pull her off of michelle who was now laying there letting her mother hit her with such a wicked smile on her face she singlehandly made the entire room around her darken and the room's temperature drop.

jai rushed to catch israel as she began to fall to the floor, screaming as tears filled her soft brown eyes making it hard for her to see. she just nearly missed israel scopping her head up from almost hitting the floor.

an ungodly amount of curse words rushed from jia's mouth, but to israel it was as if she was speaking an ancient foreign language. through all the screaming and yelling going on inside of this small kitchen; where the table had been full of delicious foods ready for a nice afternoon of laughs and childish conversations-- israel could distinguish one sound and one sound only.

the soft, faint cries of a small child-- lisa to be exact.

even in all her pain and misery, she could hear that child cry and that hurt her worse than any pain she ever felt. in an attempt to calm jia and bring her attention to the crying child, israel placed her hand on her girlfriend's arm shaking her head ever so lightly and darting her eyes in the little girl's direction.

jia looked in the direction israel wanted her to and said something that israel couldn't quite make out out to her parents, her father rushing to take the small girl upstairs and away from the chaos.

a small, weak smile painted israel's lips as jia held onto her hand grabbing her phone from her pocket as tears covered her face and she tried her best to reassure israel while dialing 9-1-1.
as the phone rang jae peppered israel's lips in kisses her salted tears mixing with the taste of jia's sweet lips was like a warm kiss from the sun. 

israel felt light, as she continued to bleed out on the floor turning the light brown wooden floors a deep red color; she felt fuzzy, felt as though she'd fly away, touch the moon and stars and find a heavenly place of peace in comfort.

she eyed jia smiling at her and lightly squeezing her hand, jia's eyes met her's and tears rushed down her face even faster, jia completely stopped yelling at the dispatcher and gave israel her full attention.

without her even realizing it tears began to fall from israel's eyes and that oddly enough frightened her more than all of the blood leaving her body.

she exhaling harshly a tight, harsh pain rushing through her body as she did so. "fuck princess, i'm so sorry," jae spoke.

"fuck, fuck, fuck, please stay with me israel, come on princess please don't leave me," she whispered running her thumb over israel's cheek and peppering her in kisses.

in the moment everything going on around israel was crystal clear, jae's mother now struggling to hit her daughter as she previously had and jae trying her best to give her girlfriend attention pressing her own hand down over israel's to add pressure to the wound.

all of this was like some crazy dream israel still didn't think was real; even with the unbearable pain she felt and the scene unfolding before her.

israel coughed her chest feeling as though she could burst at any second and her stomach tightening around the knife inside her.

her vision continued to go in and out of focus as she tried to keep her attention on jia so her girlfriend wouldn't freak out but, she couldn't help it whether it was from the loss of blood or the fear stricken state her body was in israel's consciousness was fading in and out.

israel has just barely noticed that jae's mother had stopped hitting michelle and was now crying with her fists still balled up in angry and jae was still giving the dispatcher information while trying to keep israel's attention so she wouldn't pass out.

but her consciousness was slowly fading away and the pain she felt began to become unbearable.

israel exhaled deeply closing her eyes and mumbling softly "i love you jia,"before her body gave out and she finally passed out.

jia screamed her vision blurring with heavy tears as she screamed trying to get israel's attention and wake her up.

in that moment there was not one word that could ever describe the pain jia felt, her world was crumbling before her and there was absolutely nothing she could do.

she felt utterly helpless.

completely
and totally
lost.

sooooo are we killing israel off or not?!? xD lool but no serious you guys tell me whether should israel live or die.

oh yeah and like i said i'm trying to figure out a schedule so i can be more active aaand so i can fix some of my other stories and publish new ones. i'm going to be doing a more inclusive one after i'm done with this one so y'all look out for that!

love y'all 🧡