Chapter 5 - Tolerate? Friends?

CLOVE
We sit on a bench on the school yard and drink our drinks. When I'm done I throw my empty cup in the trash can. Glimmer and Cato just sits and flirt with each other. Now I know how Glimmer feels when she's the third wheel.
The bell rings and it's time for our class.
-What do you guys have now? I ask them.
-I have art. Glimmer says.
-Science. Cato says.
-Well I have history. I say.

-Okay class today we're going to have the test. I hope you all have been studying. The teacher says.
I'm pretty good in school. I've been studying much and I'm sure about everything on this test.
The teacher gives us our papers. I take out my pencil from my pencil case. I look at the first question. Easy. I write down my answers and when I'm done I give my test to the teacher.
I was one of the first to turn it in.

When school is over I meet Glimmer and Cato standing outside the school (where me and Glimmer always meet after school) they kiss and flirt. Ew.
-Aww. Get a room. I say.
-Oh hey Clove. Glimmer says.
-Hey, Glim. I say.
-Is it okay for you that Cato joins us to the mall tomorrow?
-Okay. I say.
On the weekends me and Glimmer always go to the mall.
-Perfect! She squeals.
I look at Cato. He smiles, but not a smirk, it's a friendly smile.
-Oh dang it. I forgot my backpack in my locker. I be right back! Glimmer says and goes back into the school.
-Well...since I'm dating your best friend I guess we have to spend a lot of time together. Cato says.
-Yup. I say.
-So if I apologise for being such a jerk and promise to take care of Glimmer with my life. Can we at least not hate each other?
-Hmm...okay. I can tolerate you. I say.
We both laugh.
-Maybe we can be friends? Cato asks.
-Woah! Do not take it to far Blondie. I say, and he laughs.
-Okay, So not friends, Shortie?
We laugh.
Glimmer comes back.
-Hey guys! She says.
-Hey Baby. Me and Shortie over there have decided that we tolerate each other. Cato says.
All three laughs.
-Wait! Can I invite Marvel tomorrow? So I don't have to be the third wheel? I say.
-Yeah! Glimmer says.
***