Chapter 17 - Happy birthday Clove!

CLOVE
-Happy birthday Babe! Cato says in school. I hug him.
-Are you going to have a party soon? He asks me.
-Nah, I just want a perfect day with you. We spend the whole day together!
-That sounds better than a party to me! Cato says and laughs.
**buzz buzz**
I get a text.
-Who's it from? Cato asks.
-Glimmer. I say and sigh.
I look at the text.
"Happy Birthday, Clove! You've been my best friend for super long and I'm sad that it ended. I am truly sorry for everything I've ever done. In a future we can maybe be friends? I am not expecting us to be best friends again because I know you are mad at me. But you have always been there for me when I needed you the most. You have always been my little sunshine who's also a real badass. I hope you get an AMAZING birthday and don't let anyone ruin it. xoxo Glim (btw I'm sick today so I'm not coming to school)"
When I'm done reading the text I notice that my eyes are filled with tears. I blink them away.
-That was nice. Cato said.
-Yeah... I say.

At lunch Marvel comes up to me.
-Happy Birthday Clove. He says.
-Thanks, Marvel. I say.
-Um well I need to go. See you, Clove.
-Yea I need to find Cato as well. See you.

-What was that about? Cato asks.
-He said happy birthday to me.
-Okay. Well if you wait here, I'll be right back! He says.
-What? Um okay? I say.
A couple of minutes later he sneaks up on me from behind and covers my eyes.
-What's happening Cato? I say and laugh.
When he takes away his hands I see a little box and a card. I read the card loud:
-"Happy Birthday my Clove. I love you so much and I hope you get an amazing birthday. Loads of kisses Cato" Aww!
-Open the gift! He says.
-Okay... I say. I open the little box carefully. Inside the box there is a golden necklace with a heart that you can open. I open the heart and see a picture of us two.
-It's beautiful Cato! Thank you so much!
-You are welcome baby! He says.
I hug him tight and give him a kiss.
He sneaks up behind me and puts on the necklace from behind, like they do in movies.
He is an awesome guy! I love him with all my heart!
***