Epilogue (& a very long A/N)

Cato
It's been a year since I moved away and left District High. I haven't seen them since then. Glimmer, Marvel and of course, Clove.
The voice of my mother telling me that we're moving away is still stuck in my head.

It was the last day of school before summer break that I decided to tell my friends. Clove ran away crying and Glimmer and Marvel were in shock. Little did I know, that would be the last day I saw them before moving.
They never came and said goodbye. I figured out they were mad because I didn't say anything earlier, and I couldn't blame them.

I have no contact with them anymore apart from seeing their social media posts.
But I think about them all the time. The memories we created together will be with me my entire life.
Knowing that they have moved on is painful but i'm glad they have.
I hope i'll soon be able to visit and apologise for leaving so sudden. I didn't want to hurt them.
But after all I like living in Las Vegas. I've got new friends, but it'll never be the same as when I went to District High.

Who would've thought that me - an arrogant, cocky and rude guy would make the greatest friends ever and find the love of his life in a little town like that? Not me. "Those things only happen in fairytales" I would've said before I moved there, but look where I ended up with.

But it's time to move on now. I've got a whole life in Las vegas in front of me.

Wow
Writing this chapter made me tear up. This wasn't great but I felt like ending it here and now. This book has been a part of my life for a really long time and I'm so glad I wrote it!
In the beginning, I would've never expected it to get this many reads. I was happy with 4!
Then i started to get so many nice comments which really inspired me to write more.
But towards the end I had lost interest. Hunger Games will always be a part of my life no matter what, but I had to move on - just like Cato.

I'm so thankful for the love you've showed me and don't be surprised if a sequel pops up in the future. Everyday I get comments from people who just started reading the book saying "Noo I want Clato!"
And it's funny because I ship Clato with my whole heart, but back then I was a huge Glato shipper.
If you go back & read my first chapters you can tell how my writing & english has gotten waaaay better ( I hope) and I really love the character development.

But this is the end of District High for now. There might be a sequel but this could be the end.
Thank you for reading.
/Vee ❤️