Chapter 24 - Rehearsals

CATO
-Okay everyone get ready! Miss Trinket says.
Gale walks in.
-G'day Effie. I'm sorry I'm late. He says and smirks with his shiny white teeth.
-It's okay Finnick. Sit down. Okay so now we are going to rehearse the first scene with the prince and the princess.
Oh no! That's the scene when Finnick kisses Clove. I look down and try to get the "it's just acting" stuff in my head.
Finnick smirks and looks at Clove. She looks at him she tries to smile friendly but I can see the disguise in her look. I'm glad she isn't that happy about kissing him.

Everyone walks out from the stage and look at Clove and Finnick rehearsing. Clove does a monologue, and I have to say that she's a great actress.
After a while it's time for their kiss. I hold my breath and hope that it's quick and not passionate. But Finnick moves his head slowly forwards Clove's and wraps his arms around her. He gives her a long passionate kiss.
It feels like someone punched me in my chest. I know it's just acting, but it's not easy to see the schools "hottest" guy kissing your girlfriend.
They pulled away and everyone came out on the stage. Miss Trinket clapped her hands and said that they were amazing.
-That was interesting. Wasn't it? You could almost believe it was real. Finnick says and smirks.
-Not at all. I was just acting Finnick. Clove shuts him down.
Finnick laughs and smirks.
-I know you can't say what you actually think about us here. But I know what you think sweetie. I loved it as well.
-I'd rather be in a car crash than liking you. You should go to one of the kids and try to steal their hearts, because I don't like you. I'm glad there's just one kiss. Clove says with crossed arms and a salty look.
Finnick looks a bit embarrassed. Everyone saw that he got rejected by a girl. And I guess he isn't used to it.
Clove walks over to me and kisses me on the cheek.
-Well done Clove! I say.
-Thanks. But ugh Finnick is such a jerk. She says and rolls her eyes.
-I know. I actually got a little bit jealous of seeing you two. I say.
-Aww, don't be! She says and hugs me.
I kiss her slightly and suddenly we start making out.
-Well, I see that you two are having fun. I hear a voice.
We pull away and see Finnick standing with crossed arms and a creepy smirk on his face.
-Yeah, we did. Until you came and looked interrupted. Clove says and looks at him with an angry look.
-Woah, you have a lot of sass, gurl! I love it. You're so short but you're still so salty and good at hiding you're feelings for me. He still has that creepy smirk on his face.
-You're right. I hide my feelings for you. To be honest I wish that you'd never been born. But I don't say that. You're really annoying Finnick, and I don't know how I can pretend to like you for the first couple of scenes in the play! She says.
-Wow, you know what? I don't like you either. You're not even beautiful. You look horrible! Finnick shouts.
-Hey! Take it back! I shout at him.
-No! She is an awful actress and has an awful personality!
-Take it back or I'll beat you up! I shout and walk closer to him.
Finnick knows that I'm bigger and stronger so he just walks away.
I raise my middle finger to him. What an complete little asshole.
I turn around and see that Clove is gone. Oh no. She must have been really upset about that Finnick said.