5

Published 2/22/19

We ran down the steps trying to find the akuma that got away. Just as we were about to run out of the building Bookman yelled at us to wait. Allen lavi and myself stopped and turned around. 

A man was stuck under some rubble from the akuma attack.  We all ran back.  I set my hands on the ground focusing on moving the rubble.  Crystals slowly began forming under the rubble slowly lifting it off the man. Once the man was safe I left him in the care of the three.

I ran outside Looking around for akuma seeing none.  "Damit their gone" I mumbled.  I headed back inside and Shook my head saying they were gone.

"Now that that's over with, you are going to tell me what the hell is going on and what's with your arm"I growled at allen.  My eyes narrowed.  He gulped but soon grew serious. Lavi and Bookman took a big step away from allen.

"Ok those things are called akuma, Akumas are created when someone is mourning and makes a contract with the Earl to bring them back. And as for my arm its my innocence like I told you before but in other words it's my anti akuma weapon" allen told me.

I nodded before walking away.  I felt my wrist being grabbed I turned back around slowly to see that lavi was the one who had grabbed my wrist.  "Will you please come back with us to the black order" he asked me with a very serious face?

"What's that" I asked him.  Not pulling my wrist away for some reason.

"The Black Order is a religious organization that works to defeat the  millennium earl and his army of akuma" the old man told me now standing next to lavi.  I looked away from bookman to allen then finally to lavi.  I looked into his only visible green eye.  I stared at him for a second.  I looked to the ground with a sigh.  "I can't" I told him finally pulling my wrist away.  "Why can't you" allen asked me getting closer?

"I'm to dangerous, monster's and demons like me don't deserve to be around exorcist" I stated simply.  I quickly ran out of the building leaving them.

I walked around town for the next hour until I stopped.  There not far away was a group of kids looking sad and bored sitting on the steps of a small older looking building.

I looked up at the sign above the doors.  Stephen orphanage

I looked back down at the children as an image of my past flashed into my mind. A younger me sitting alone crying on the steps of a destroyed orphanage with spikes sticking out of it,  clutching a violin to her chest.

I felt my heart ake as I looked at the children.  I then looked down to my violin case as an old memory surfaced on how I had come to having the violin. 

A small smile came to my face and I looked back up at the kids. I then started walking over to them.