30

Published 8/7/19

With that mothers eyes were starring at me with a whole new light.  Her whole body had gone rigid.  She was acting like she's seen a ghost.  "It can't be" she whispered.  "How old are you"? She asked again her eyes holding a new deeper meaning for her questions.

"I'm 16" I was now getting confused.  "It has to be" she whispered her hand holding her chin.  "Is something the matter" I questioned her. 

Snapping her out of her trance she looked back at me. "No no.  My old age is just getting to me" she waved me off,  leaving me confused.

------------------------

The sun had long left the sky for the moon to rise. We all still sat at the table just finishing dinner.

Leenalee and Allen had just explained what happened to Marshall Yeegar.

" Marshall Yeeger?!" mother stated with slight shock.

"Yes,  and so, in order to protect the remaining Marshalls, we've split into four groups, but we don't exactly know where Marshall cross is..." Leenalee explained.

" I thought you might know where my master is, Mother." Allen said while setting his plate down with Timcanpy on his head.

Such a strange gollum.

" how should I know?" Mother said looking back at us from her position at the window.

"Huh?! Well, you were my Master's sponsor..." Allen spoke.

"I don't give a crap about a man who leaves naught but debt in his wake." Mother said with a suggested voice

Allen got a disgusted look on his face dropping his spoon. " I've lost my appetite..." Allen grumbled.

" well, I think you and your wife eaten plenty" baba said showing us the empty pot.

Alan finally decide to just give up on trying to correct Baba on his and I's relationship.

"Oh,  yeah!  When we were coming here, we came across a bunch of Akuma. I thought for sure that they were coming for you." Allen stated standing up and leaning on the table.  Concern in his voice.

"As you can see, I'm fit as a fiddle. No Akuma have been here." Mother said Turing to us completely.

Allen let out a sigh of relief and sat back down.  Looking like a large weight had just been lifted off his shoulder.

" then why are there so many Akuma in this town?" Leenalee asked?

" have you heard any rumors about any innocence or unusual phenomena?" Allen asked mother.

I brought my hand up putting it under my chin getting a thoughtful look on my face thinking of anything that could possibly bring a bunch of Akuma here.

(Why are there so many akuma?) Then my one visible eye widen in shock.

I shot up out of my chair startling everyone since I've been quiet most of the time.

"How long has the h-" I was cut off by mother.

" I'm sorry, but could you go over to the next room?" Mother asked us as a knock on the door caught all our attention.

" a guest?" Leenalee questioned?

"At this hour" I voiced?

" yes, yes! I'm coming." Mother called out to the person on the other side of the door.

" I like you to hear this, but she has trouble talking if there are strangers about. Hurry now." Mother whispered.

We all squished ourselves into a room next door staying close to the door keeping it cracked just a bit so we can hear and see.

After hearing the pain the young woman was holding in her heart I felt kinda bad for her.  Baba came out of the room we are hiding in giving the woman some comfort telling mother that he would take her home.

After the front door closed all three of us came out of small room we were in walking up behind mother.