36

Published 9/25/19

Quickly following Allen's actions me and lenalee shot off and started killing akuma as fast as we could.

Landing on the ground after killing 3 Akuma I heard lenalee y'all to Allen.

"Allen, the director's a Brooker."

"Brooker? " he questioned.

" he collects sick patients and sells them to the millennium earl in return for a huge fee." I explained to him walking over to him.

" when I heard that he was in debt, I suspected him, but he didn't know about the Akuma." Lenalee explained looking down at the passed out doctor on the floor.

" the director's the only one left." She finished.

" we have to hurry, so that no more Akuma can be made!" Allen exclaimed before rushing down the hallway, lenalee and myself following suit.

We came to a stop at a door. Allen tried opening it only to find that it was locked.

We leaned against the door hearing voices coming from inside.
" then all you have to do is call out for him, so that his soul might be recalled." I heard the director's voice say.

Allen started knocking on the door yelling to Lisa who was inside.

Coming out as from both sides of the hallway Akuma started appearing. Wai LenaLee and Allen took care of the Akuma. I turned to the door and raised my leg and used all the strength I had in my body, and kick the door, sending it flying and shattering into multiple pieces.

"W-who are you" the director exclaimed shaking. His eyes full of fear staring at me. 

I created longclaw like crystals on my fingers. " your worst nightmare" I snarled at him.

Allen came up behind me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"An exorcist. We work to destroy the Akuma and save their souls. We are enemies of the millennium earl." Allen stated.

"The Earl's enemies? " the director whispered not taking his eyes off us.

Lenalee came to stand on the other side of me.  " we destroyed all the kuma out there." She stated.

" and you're an exorcist, too?" She questioned looking at her.

" and you're a broker." She commented back.

"You prepare people to be made into akuma, in return for a fee. You're an ally of the Earl." I stated,  stretching my hand making my claws move gaining the director's attention, his eyes focusing on my hands. Fear evident in his eyes.

" why did you do it? You're a human yourself, so why?" Allen demanded

The directors stood up pulling a pistol from his coat.  Aiming it right at me.

"Stay back" he commanded.

" why, you ask! Isn't it obvious? For this town!" The director stated.

" for the town?" Allen questioned.

"I needed the money to make such a large Hospital out here in the country." The director stated stepping back but keeping his gun pointed at me. We watched as he unlocked the safe in the wall, pulling out a large sum of cash,  before shoving it into his coat.

" I made this town a better place-" he was cut off.

" shut the hell up!" A voice stated behind me causing me to jump.

Looking over my shoulder I saw that it was mother who was there.

"Mother! " Allen exclaimed in shock seeing the old woman.

" what are you doing here?"He asked her.

Mother stepped forward before shocking Me, by jumping into the air and kicking the director in the face knocking him to the ground.

" we were worried about you three, so I had mother come on out". I heard Baba say from behind me.

" she's so strong I knew she could deal with whatever came up." Baba stated.

"She's even stronger than she was three years ago." Allen stated nervously scratching the side of his face.

" she laid him out with a single blow." I stated impressed.

" it's still not enough. He has to see the true measure of his sins. We have to show him what a huge mistake he made. You three would do well to remember that the millennium earl does not just create the Akuma. He preys on men's greed in weakness to turn them to his side." She stated looking over to us.

" right" we all say in sync

Baba walks into the room and picks up the unconscious Lisa Bridal Style.

" it is a tough fight, but you have to remember those like Lisa, who stay strong through even the greatest pain." Mother stated wisely.

-----------------------

After sometime Lisa had finally awakened.

We now all stood in a cemetery in front of lemny's gravestone.

" I'm not that strong. I thought so many times that I'd simply snap but this letter, that mother gave me is what kept me going." Lisa stated looking down at the letter in her hands.

Walking up to Lisa I put my hand on her shoulder in a comforting way.

" your stronger than you think.  You think that the strongest man in the world just woke up one day strong?" I stated with a smile.  She smiled back at me.

"thank you" she stated.

after some time Lisa left,  leaving Allen, lenalee, Baba, and myself standing on the hill in the graveyard.

" she'll be just fine from here on, with Lenny watching over her." Lenalee stated.

"Yes, I'm sure of it." Allen agreed.

" oh yeah, there was another letter!" Baba stated.

" there was another letter for Lisa?" Allen asked.

" no, it was addressed to lenalee. Mother just got it." Baba said looking at her.

" a letter for me?" She questioned looking a little confused.

By the time we made it back to mother's house it was dark out.

Lenalee stood in front of us reading the letter.  " it's from my brother. Seems suspicious..." she stated closing the letter.

Allen took a couple steps closer to her his eyes glued to the letter.
" he didn't say anything about me, did he?"

"What should we do? Shall we go home together?" Lenalee asked.

" but I need to find my master." Allen stated.

Mother then walked over to them.

" these are for you" she stated handing Allen a giant stack of letters.

" so many letters for me?" He sounded happy for a moment until he started to open them.

"Ack! All these are collection letters for my master!" Allen stated in shock.

"You should be able to track him down if you follow his paper trail, right?" Mother stated innocently with a smile.

I had to bite my lip to restrain myself from laughing at the situation.

" well, let's give it a try, Timcanpy. " Allen said looking at the Gold Golem in his hand.