11

Published 3/28/19

"Run" I cried out to the two near me as an explosion went off. I felt myself be pushed off my feet and towards the giant opening in the wall. 

I grabbed onto the side of the castle as if my life depended on it, which it did.  I could feel the stone brick I was holding onto start to slip out of place.

I watched as the brick finally fell lose closing my eyes tightly waiting to fall to my death but it never happened. 

I Felt a tight grip on my wrists.  Opening my eyes I looked up to see lavi with half of his body over the edge holding my wrists tightly in his hands.  Clenching his teeth tightly.  As he tried to pull me up.  "Lavi!  Stop just let me go before you fall to" I exclaimed.

'Hell no!  You must be crazy if ya think I'm gonna let you die like this,  we came up to this Castle together and I fully intend on leaving this Castle together" lavi exclaimed in pure seriousness.

Lavi then gave one strong Heave-ho. Pulling me back onto solid ground.  Soon pulling me to his chest with his arms tightly around my body.

I flinched at the contact but did not try to pull away.

I look down at the palms of my hand to see them cut open and bloody from where I was holding onto the brick.

Lavi pulled away from me and gently held my hands palm facing upward. He grew a concerned look on his face before ripping the bottom of his coat into pieces.

I tried to stop him but it was too late.  He took the ripped pieces of fabric and tied them around my hands stopping the bleeding. 

I looked up at lavi shocked a little.  "Thank you" I whispered to him. 

Lavi gave me a smile  and scratched behind his head "ehh it was no problem" he responded getting off the ground offering me a hand to help me up,  which I accepted.

"Lavi, Roe,  what's that?" I heard Allen's voice question.  I looked up to see him looking over the wall. 

I followed his gaze and was also confused at what it was. It was a circle made of Stones on mounds of dirt.

"Graves" lavi whispered.

We made our way down to the Courtyard area where the graves were. Now we were standing in the very center of all the Graves. 

" pretty humbled Graves, at that. Think they're for a pet? " lavi asked.

" maybe they're the abducted villagers." I said with a thoughtful look shocking the two boys.

"Back there, that Eliade woman had franz's body in a casket, right? Maybe she was going to bury him here. Also, there are eight of them. That's just how many the mayor said were taken." I continued, spinning in a circle slowly counting the graves in my head.

"I thought it was 9..." Lavi asked confused.

"But he said that the first was sucked so dry that she turned into dust, right?" Allen said piping in.

Lavi made a sound of understanding.

" so, these must be..." Allen mumbled as he touched a stone.  Making it fall  over.

"AAAH! You broke it! " lavi freaked out, at the shocked and also freaked out allen.

" I just touched it!" Allen defended as he got down on his knees to fix the stone only to freeze.

"Lavi, Roe, look here. " allen called us over.

I walked over and stand behind Allen, my eyes widen in shocked as I see Pentacles all over the ground just like the ones that were on the flower that tried to kill us.

" there are Pentacles on the ground." Allen pointed out to us.

"The Akuma blood virus..." Lavi mumbled. 

" then, could it be that there are Akuma in these Graves?" Allen questioned shocked. 

I stood up and walked over to a different grave,  lavi doing the same.

"There are Pentacles here as well" I called over my shoulder. "Same here" Lavi called out.

" they're on all the graves." Allen stated.

" yeah, then when those plants ate Franz, did you see them then?" Lavi asked with a nervous sweat.

" they were there, all right." Allen confirmed.

" do you suppose that means..." I question Allen.

" they'd eaten an Akuma? We may be making a huge mistake here." Allen stated.