Chapter 8: Becoming a Goddess Part 1

Poseidon's P.O.V- I entered Olympus with my wife who was teasing me for the look on my face. "I don't think you're even this happy to see me!" she joked. I laughed and kissed her cheek. "This is a happy day, Amphitrite. And I have every reason to be happy." She patted my arm and smiled brightly. "I am happy as well, you know I am. Julia has always been like a daughter to me, as she is to you." I looked around the place, seeing all kinds of creatures setting up beautiful decorations for today's ceremony.

"Brother!" my brother, Zeus bellowed from across the room. He held out his arms in greeting and we firmly embraced one another. Normally, we don't greet each other this way, in fact, we haven't been this friendly since he became King of Olympus. But today is too great a day for hatred. I try not to hate my brother, there are rare times I care for him, but, well, Zeus is Zeus. "My beautiful sister-in-law!" he turned to embrace my wife, and I did the same to Hera, who had a bright smile on her face.

"You must be so proud, Poseidon," she said, patting my cheek. I rolled my eyes at her. "I couldn't be happier, Hera. But it is rare to see you so happy, sister" I teased her. She slightly scowled at me. "Don't act like you're the only one here who loves the girl, brother." I threw my hands up and backed away. "Alright, don't hurt me for it," I said. "I'll gladly do so, my queen" I heard a challenging voice behind me. My smile slipped off my face the moment I heard it. "Athena" I growled. She met me with a cold gaze, and I matched it with my own.

"Now, now. Don't spoil this day, my dear!" Zeus quickly spoke, separating Athena from me. "This is a very important day, my daughter. Please, do not fight" my brother pleaded with her, but I could tell his words were also directed at me. My wife clutched my arms tightly, to prevent me from doing anything rash. Athena sighed in defeat and straightened herself. "Yes father, forgive me." She looked at me and spoke in a cool voice, "Congratulations, Poseidon, on this happy day." I nodded in thanks, then turned away from her.

"I wonder where Aphrodite is. I thought she would be here before us" I said to Amphitrite. She laughed, "You know she'll be, as the humans say, "Fashionably late". I rolled my eyes. "No, she adores Julia. She wouldn't be late. Not on a day like this." As soon as the words fell from my lips, I smelt roses in the air. "And you would be right, Lord of the Seas" a soft, seductive voice spoke. I turned around and came face-to-face with Aphrodite. Beside her was Eros, her son, smiling proudly. "A mother never misses her child's accomplishments, especially not for this child." I saw Hera and Athena roll their eyes in contempt. My brother should be more concerned with the two of them, rather than Athena and I, I thought to myself.

Soon, every God and Goddess stood present in the throne room, waiting patiently to see our newest member. Zeus chuckled lightly next to me. "I wonder how things are going in Egypt right now." I shrugged my shoulders, not caring in the slightest. "Probably busy shining themselves up for hours on end, the prissy little..." "Poseidon!" my wife shouted, cutting me off. "Manners!" she huffed at me.

Narrator's P.O.V.- Down below, in a large temple of Egypt, stood numerous Gods and Goddesses, and a powerful man sat proudful on a golden throne, wearing a very rare and old smile.