Ch.16: New Life

Julia's P.O.V- It's been three days since we landed in California, and I've been working non-stop to make my home perfect before I started my life as a model. I was told by the company I signed to, Elite Model Management, that it would make my life a lot easier to live in New York or Milan, or London. But I didn't mind the extra traveling. My agents softened up on the matter when I told them I had my own jet to take me places, which means less worry about me being late or difficulties booking a flight, and less worrying about having to pay crazy traveling expenses, not that money is an issue for me.

I used magic to re-create my home in my image, not wanting to waste money on workers that would take weeks, maybe months to fulfill my vision. I did buy furniture and other necessities and appliances for the house. And, of course, there were my pets. My house had so much land that the nearest neighbors were a mile away. Which is good, because half the land is being dedicated to my Midnight and Zera. The house came with a luxury stable, which Midnight has accustomed to, happily. Zera has all the space she needs to run around safely, without feeling confined. I built her a beautiful African inspired living space, which she took to instantly.

I think my hand was permanently frozen in a card-swiping position for all the shopping I've done in three days. Not only have I been upgrading my home, but I've also been upgrading my wardrobe as well. Now that I lived in Beverly Hills and I was a model, I no longer needed to dress like a little princess, I could dress like a woman. However, I'm not naive. I know my life here isn't all shopping and glam, like they make it seem in movies. I'm here to work and create a life for myself. My mother's family tradition is that at the age of 18, a child leaves the magic realm to create any life of their choosing in the human world. Some lead normal lives, some private, some luxurious, and some famous. But I've always been special.

Currently I was taking a long ride with Midnight along the beach that sits down behind my home. California doesn't have any private beaches, however, the mayor of California allowed me to purchase the mile stretch of the beach that my property sits on, seeing as a have numerous big cats running around. "Public safety precautions" he told the state of California. My other big cats aren't here yet, but I do own several, all rescues either from the wild, from poachers or ones bought and kept illegally. So, I have an entire mile of beautiful ocean all to myself. Which is amazing, seeing as, being bonded to Poseidon, I have certain needs with the ocean.

I thought to myself just how lucky I am to be able to leave home early and chase after my dreams. My job won't be easy, but I do have an advantage. Being an exclusive model for Balmain, meaning I work only for them, means I won't have to worry about being scheduled for or late for hundreds of different designers and shows, like most models are. I already have friends in the agency, which I'm grateful for, and they're teaching me as best they can. They all tell me I have it the easiest, working for only one brand. It was a tough decision for me, choosing between all my favorite brands. But no one could make the choice for me. Smiling, I kicked midnight into a run, and it brought my mind clarity. The sound of her hooves pounding into the sand, the smell and roar of the sea, and the wind in my hair.

Freedom.

*Time skip*

I came home from my first day of modeling, and I was a bit exhausted. My first shoot, combined with the numerous outfit changes and fittings, had me on my feet for 8 hours. Then there were the meetings with my team of lawyers and agents regarding my modeling contracts and my social media. My father insisted on this. They explained my obligations, what I'd receive pay and benefit wise, sponsorships, etc. I only just started my job today, but word of me moving to California and starting social media accounts hit even before I landed here. Dozens of sponsors have called me, and so far, I've accepted 10 of them. I'll be having another meeting tomorrow about carefully sorting through and choosing from all my other offers.

Plopping onto my living room couch, I looked over at the dozens of roses and flower arrangements that were sent to me for the past week. Littering the floor were boxes of PR and shipments from my sponsors and subscriptions. Only a week here, and my life feels chaotic. Appoline jumped onto the couch and snuggled into me. The diamonds on her collar cast a rainbow all over the room when the setting sun hit them, and I smiled. Chaotic or not, I wouldn't have it any other way. As if she could hear my thoughts, Appoline barked and gave me millions of kisses. I hugged her, content with what my life has become. I was living my dream. Besides, I only just started. Not like it could get any crazier.

I would find out 5 months later how wrong I was.