dad!Patton x mom!Peyton + Virgil x Virginia

(Virgil is trying to fit in while everyone shuts him out, except his 'parents'. This takes place before Accepting Anxiety.)

Warnings: cutting, angst (It's Anxiety. What do you expect?), extra fluff, depression, overreacting 'parents', ect.

---------------------

Virgil's POV

I was walking down the stairs of Thomas's house because I couldn't sleep so I needed a snack. I got to the bottom of the stairs to find two other people who were already awake. Patton and Peyton. They were sitting on one end of the couch, hands entwined together.

"Anxiety, can we talk to you real quick?" Peyton asked me. I sat down on the edge of the sofa.

I never told anyone my name, not even Morality and Nostalgia. It was just something I wasn't comfortable about telling.

"We noticed that you don't feel like you're a part of this group, Anxiety. We want to understand why that is," Patton said. "We also want to help you so you feel comfortable around everyone here, especially Thomas and Jilly. Both of them are worried that you are not opening up to any of us. Even Depression is worried for you. She won't stop asking if you're okay. She will literally start crying everytime she can't get an awnser."

I looked down at my hands and lap. Depression can get emotional at times, like everything Jilly has a nostalgic moment they start bawling, but this shows that she wasn't getting emotional about life. She really did care about me.

Payton got up, letting go of Patton's hands, and sat down next to me. She rested one hand on my shoulder. Patton followed behind and sat on the armrest next to me and put his hand on my other shoulder.

I started crying so I covered my eyes with my hands. "Thanks, guys." I said after my cries where done.

I got off the couch and walked upstairs. I had something to do.

Virginia's POV

I was in my room listening to my artist of choice. During the times I can't sleep I usually play my music on low so other people can't hear it and it can lure me to sleep.

I would normally ask either Remy or Ramona would want to spend time with me, but most of the time they're both either in clubs, lost, or hanging with friends. Now I'm stuck with only Evanescence, Hasley, Melanie Martinez, and Within Temptation.

I was lieing in bed listening to "Everybody's Fool" by Evanescence and Anxiety opened my bedroom door.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes when he rushed over to me. He held me in his arms and started crying. Him crying made me cry.

We spent like three songs crying in each others arms. We even woke the others up, even Jilly was up. They weren't okay with that, until Payton and Patton explained everything.

*Extended Ending*

Depression and Anxiety have been getting closer to each other.

Anxiety snuggled up closer to Depression and felt a weird texture on her jacket sleeve.

She was already asleep so he could look without getting caught.

He slowly rolled up her sleeve to find cuts decorating her arm. He immediately got out from the covers and headed to the bathroom to grab the first aid kit.

He slid off Depression's jacket slowly to now wake her. He wiped the blood off of her arms, shoulders, and hands before softly wrapping them up in soft bandages. He put her jacket back on her.

He got back under the covers and snuggled up next to her.

Let's just say from that day forward, she would never have a reason to cut herself.

-------------------------------------

Sometimes anxiety and depression can or can not go hand in hand, but there are ways to get through both of them.

There are people to help you get through it. If you have either one or both of them, there's nothing wrong. If you can get them under control, sometimes not by yourself, you can be the best person you can.

Also, don't be afraid to ask people for help. We are here for you.